DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Dodge Ram 1999 4wd v10 auto short bed.
The problem I’m having is when I’m driving down the road sometimes it will start to bog down no check engine lights it kind of sounds the more I press the gas the worse it bogs until I floor it then it feels like it starts getting full power I have no idea what’s going on. it seems like it’s missing when it’s in idle but I’m not sure I’ve never had a v10 before it drives good but when I floor it when it’s acting fine it doesn’t seem like it has much power like if I’m on a dirt road and have to give it gas it will start blogging down and not go? Any help will be much appreciated I’ve tried looking it up but to no success

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do I’ll try that the previous owner said he thought it had trash in the fuel line but I’m not sure I’ll change the fuel filter and see if that helps with putting some of that Lucus in it.
I’ve herd the following
Clogged cat
Upstream o2 sensors
Fuel pump
Cam position sensor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so today I seen where some people was saying under load there’s would act weird so I was in park revved it up nothing odd quite like usual then put it in drive and gave it some gas nothing weird quite then I put it in park again and revved it again and it was loud and started missing more and acting funny any ideas? Clogged catalytic converter is what I’m thinking the time frame from first rev and last was about 1.5minutes

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
clogged cats or bad fuel air mix.
Looks like you found it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully I ordered some new o2 sensors ntk brand I’ll keep everyone updated so hopefully It’ll help the next person

1 - 8 of 8 Posts