DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys just bought an 01 ram 2500 qc diesel. My light issue is a nightmare. Hers some symptoms

Hazards flash normally with my headlights and marker lights off, as soon as I turn the lights on. The hazards on the dash stay green and don't flash. When my hazards flash so does my liscense plate.

My tail brake lights do not work but the cab brake light works and the taillights work as well just no brake.
Drivers side front turn signal bulb is removed some times the turn signals blink correctly on the dash sometimes they stay green. I've noticed sometimes both blink when just one turn signal is on. It's wierd. When I out the drivers side turn signal bulb in the left turn signal light on the dash stays green with the lights and the marker light completely on. When I turn the marker lights on or the headlights I hear a slight buzzing sound.

Read a few posts and have some more things to check out. I've replaced replaced bulbs and checked the fuses and switched relays.
I wouldn't need a brake light switch if the cab brake light works correct?
Gonna try a turn signal lever and multi function replaced as well as the switch for the lights thats on the dash to the left for headlights and marker light or no lights.
I can't get my fog lights to work either have yet to replace the bulbs will do this week.
I believe my reverse lights do not come on.
Not good at reading the diagrams I have no idea what I'm looking at .
If one of you want to email me I would love to try and get this worked out I do have a daughter that rides with me and I don't want any tickets as well as putting her in harm by riding with me.
Can anyone send me pictures of where my grounds connect in the engine and the rear I can't find them I don't know what I'm looking for or where.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
1,080 Posts
Electrical gremlins can be a bugger to find, and I'm no wizard at that. Wish I could be more helpful.
That said, I'd hesitate to put my personal email, and even more especially my personal phone number, in an open posting on this or any other forum.
Most folks who cruise this forum regularly are just fine, but there are always weirdos on the internet looking for ways to give people a bad time via harassment or scams of various kinds. Putting personal info out there in public just makes it easier for them.
If I were you I'd edit those out of your post ASAP.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes a buddy of mine that used to be on a site like this one was harassed big time over his comments about his truck problems...they were more like a stalker..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I found out today that my brake lights and turn signals work right as well as hazards until I turn the running lights or the headlights on and then that is when I have the issue. The front ground by the radiator are intact. I can't find a back ground.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've seen strange issues like this caused by the wrong type of bulb jammed into a socket. e.g. an 1156 single element, single hot contact bulb jammed into an 1157 socket will create a short circuit between the parking light and stop light circuits. Verify the correct bulb for each position on the truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts