DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Gino and I am new to the forum and dodge trucks. Yesterday I bought a 2006 Ram 1500 mega cab. I have heard about and tried to do some research last night on the infamous hemi tick, but I think this might be something a lot more serious. See what you guys think... . Should I feel lucky that I purchased a 3 year powertrain warranty or is this normal for this engine? I certainly don't think any engine should sound like this! The noise does go away when the engine temp starts climbing. To me, it feels that there is no lack of power, no surging, no hesitation, just the noise. There are 127k miles on the body and the chassis does have the Ram 2500 axles. The price was so good I could not pass this one up... even if I have to deal with it initially.

What is a good oil to run in these? I see that 5w20 is a favorite, but what about brand? Something that wont bite the wallet too hard... and what brand filter?

Here is the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU1THCMJtRQ

Here is the link to the video.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
I'm having a hard time telling what is tick and the brap of the exhaust in the video. I experience a tap tap tap sound that is noticable when at idle.

Hi and a warm Carolina welcome to the best RAM ForumZ on the web. How about using the link in my SIG to visit he Newbie Checkin and post a few photos of your truck?
:Hey:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after taking a closer look last night I realized that both exhaust manifolds have broken studs. I have not yet decided if that is something I want to do or if I should just pay someone to do it. I really don't want to get into the rusty heat cycled bolt mess...

·
Registered
303 Posts
well, i all i can tell you is ur exhaust sounds nice from this lol. i couldnt hear much other then the reving =P

mine ticks also... nice truck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts