DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!!! Joined a few weeks back, love this place!
So about 5 weeks ago, I bought a brand new Hemi Sport, quad cab 5.7 ... First time I got out of the truck, and left it running well hot, I heard a MAJOR tick tick tick.
Long story short, Chrysler says MVS lifter problem, they want to open the engine, and replace the lifters. This scares me!
After THREE WEEKS of trying to negotiate with Chrysler Canada to either give me a new truck, or give me extended powertrain warranty beyond what the truck came with, "if they work on the truck instead of buying it back". Adam "a senior bull$hit rep at chrysler canada" essentially told me to eat shi!.
I will come back and elaborate when I have ,more time, what do you guys, and gals think? I dont feel this is even warranty, I feel its defective. Is there not, a difference?
Am I right in wanting to see Chrysler stand behind this defective vehicle, and workmanship, by either extending the powertrain wrrty, or giving me a new truck that didnt have some dude sleeping on the assembly line well it was being made?
Cheers everybody! Over all I love the truck, but this is Not what I paid for. Looking for some enthusiasts insight!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQRBmBlZQpY

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is this Hemi Tick more than normal/average? It gets even worse than in my video, service manager heard it from 30 ft way! I tint car windows for a living, including dodge dealerships, and I have never heard a 2009, 2010, 2011, or 2012 tick like mine! Its funny cause I see everyone here talk about the infamous hemitick, but I think mine TRUMPS them all!

·
Registered
105 Posts
A whole new truck to replace one that has no issues save a fairly low impact warranty repair? That seems a bit unreasonable.

If you tint my truck and bubble the driver's window, when I come back you will replace all the glass as well as retint everything, right?

Stuff breaks or needs refurbishment. It happens with machines. A Lot. Heck, having it opened and repaired might make it better than another one off the assembly line anyway - lol.
Let them fix it. That is what warranty is for. The magic smoke won't get out, I promise!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
A whole new truck to replace one that has no issues save a fairly low impact warranty repair? That seems a bit unreasonable.

If you tint my truck and bubble the driver's window, when I come back you will replace all the glass as well as retint everything, right?

Stuff breaks or needs refurbishment. It happens with machines. A Lot. Heck, having it opened and repaired might make it better than another one off the assembly line anyway - lol.
Let them fix it. That is what warranty is for. The magic smoke won't get out, I promise!
May I just sign the bottom of this post? :) Well said

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I agree with all; let them fix your baby. Use that warranty brother. Getm to make it right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Thanks for the responses guys, I am having it fixed "of Course", and as per the responses regarding buy back, my emphasis to Chrysler was not on the buy back, it was on doing the repairs, and standing behind their work with extended wrrty on the defective engine!

I warranty all of my window tint for life as long as the consumer owns the vehicle, and when a customer has an issue with the tint, the piece in question is completely replaced every time! I wouldnt expect to have to replace the glass, as I never sold the glass to them, and or they are not having issues with the glass, the issue would be with the film. I have scratched windows twice in my career, and yes, replaced the Glass!

And I agree, with "stuff breaks", and am crossing my fingers that it ends up better than assembly line work! Because my assembly line work was pretty shotty! There is no maGIC SMOKE IN MY TRUCK RIGHT NOW, i THINK THEY FORGOT TO PUT THAT in! lol.

Should add my lesser concerns which they are attempting to take care of. Rear Bumper was scratched before delivery, they repainted it, and the paint job sucks, so they are doing it again. Also a week after purchasing, I found A HUGE paint run in the rear door jamb, I am afraid to let them touch it as I would rather the factory paint any where on the main body, as the in house body shop apparently can not paint. Also, I am only 160 pds, and with only 1600 kms on the truck, the driver seat leather is stretching like crazy, gonna wait it out and see how bad it gets. As I said, these concerns are minor, are they common?

edit. also mirror perimeter lighting does not work. And the speakers crackle and pop sometimes when playing around 3/4 volume. "7.. series nav alpine system" I really feel like I received a Lemon. Im sure that after days turn into weeks in the service centre, body shop... even a lemon, can be transformed into a gem! Just thought that I would get a gem from the start!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I should add that Chrysler cANADA offered me a rental car for the duration of the work, as they expect it to be a lengthy process, I declined, as I stressed to them, that their confidence, "and mine" in my truck is far more important to me. All I want is a piece of paper that costs them nothing, unless I truly have a lemon!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Let them fix it. What's so scary about that?

Well , Im not mechanically inclined. I asked myself the same question, so, so far I have asked three differn't customer/ friends who are mechanics. Whats scary is that 2 said go ahead and let them fix it:smileup::smileup:, but 1 said "Often once they open them up, there never the same":smiledown: Thats kinda why I posted this whole thread! I was hoping that everyone would say that its no big deal. But Im not bettin my $50,000 on those numbers. Pretty sure someone here can understand where I'm coming from?
Also we have all heard the "it was never the same again" horror stories...

·
Registered
487 Posts
As for the leather stretching that's common and can't be helped as it's simply an animal skin. If the seats were a pillowed style rather than taught it might not stretch as much or be as noticable. It's for that very reason I prefer cloth but like yourself I'm stuck with it as that's what came with the truck.

As for the horror stories they get magnified many times over. It not human nature to post praises.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, terrible customer service kind of sours you. I have read all over this forum about corporate chryslers terrible customer service, and I have to say that after 3 weeks of them not returning calls, repeated calls to talk to someone other than someone who cant do anything about anything, sorry we cant answer that at this time, please call back... Yes Im ticked! And it was all a waste of time. I am 100% confident that Their customer service system is simply designed to put off warranty work to a later date. :doh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe your truck was built on a Monday?

Lol, really though, at first my friends, familly, and I all had that attitude! It wasn't until trying to deal with Chrysler, that I started getting annoyed. At first my attitude was just "ah well, its under wrrty" but after trying to reason with them, I realized that if this truck has future problems, Chrysler will argue them until they are blue in the face!

·
Registered
582 Posts
That sounds like more than the Hemi Tick...sounds more serious but I am sure they can fix it. I think a bad lifter causing more of a pecking sound.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I should add that Chrysler cANADA offered me a rental car for the duration of the work, as they expect it to be a lengthy process, I declined, as I stressed to them, that their confidence, "and mine" in my truck is far more important to me. All I want is a piece of paper that costs them nothing, unless I truly have a lemon!
HOLY CHIT DUDE! GET THE FREE RENTAL AND RUN THE CRAP OUT OF IT! Getting a rental or loaner from Dodge when getting warentee work done is unheard of around here!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts