DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Ram 2500. I purchased the truck new from Duvall's in Clayton, Georgia. It drove like a dream with the turd Firestones that came on it. Ever since they wore out it has had a vibration in the front end. I took it to the dealership for a faulty part, I think it was the brake controller or something, and they fixed it based on the Ford extended warranty they sold me. I told them it had a bounce in the front end. It was wearing a set of Yokohama Geolanders uneven. They blamed the tires, welded the front end without my knowledge, and sent me on my way. I have 61k miles on my truck and am on my fourth set of tires. This time I put a set of 285 60/R20 Falken Wildpeaks on it. Still vibrates when I get up to 50 mph. It's worse in curves. The set of Venoms I had on it previously were way worse, but the Falkens still vibrate. I put a new steering stabilizer on it to try and see if that was the problem, it wasn't. It still vibrates in the steering wheel. I took it to the shop to get the front end aligned and they couldn't align it due to the "recall." I called Duvall's earlier this week and left a message with an explanation of the problem and requested an appointment. Have I gotten a call back? You guessed it, no. My Ford warranty they sold me doesn't expire until August of next year or at 125,000 miles. I can't feel any play in the front wheels, u-joints feel good, and I'm out of ideas. I can't get it figured out, can't get it aligned, and can't get a call back from the dealership where I bought the truck to make an appointment. What gives and what could be the problem? Any of you had this issue? At low speed there is nothing, but when i get up to 50+ it starts to bounce, comes and goes, gets worse in curves, and sometimes feels like the steering isn't responding smooth the way it should. I'm at a loss and would like some help. Thanks to all of you and sorry for the long post/rant. I've checked everything I know to check. Any help would be appreciated. Please respond so I can reply enough to send ramcares a message.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I have a 2017 Ram 2500. I purchased the truck new from Duvall's in Clayton, Georgia. It drove like a dream with the turd Firestones that came on it. Ever since they wore out it has had a vibration in the front end. I took it to the dealership for a faulty part, I think it was the brake controller or something, and they fixed it based on the Ford extended warranty they sold me. I told them it had a bounce in the front end. It was wearing a set of Yokohama Geolanders uneven. They blamed the tires, welded the front end without my knowledge, and sent me on my way. I have 61k miles on my truck and am on my fourth set of tires. This time I put a set of 285 60/R20 Falken Wildpeaks on it. Still vibrates when I get up to 50 mph. It's worse in curves. The set of Venoms I had on it previously were way worse, but the Falkens still vibrate. I put a new steering stabilizer on it to try and see if that was the problem, it wasn't. It still vibrates in the steering wheel. I took it to the shop to get the front end aligned and they couldn't align it due to the "recall." I called Duvall's earlier this week and left a message with an explanation of the problem and requested an appointment. Have I gotten a call back? You guessed it, no. My Ford warranty they sold me doesn't expire until August of next year or at 125,000 miles. I can't feel any play in the front wheels, u-joints feel good, and I'm out of ideas. I can't get it figured out, can't get it aligned, and can't get a call back from the dealership where I bought the truck to make an appointment. What gives and what could be the problem? Any of you had this issue? At low speed there is nothing, but when i get up to 50+ it starts to bounce, comes and goes, gets worse in curves, and sometimes feels like the steering isn't responding smooth the way it should. I'm at a loss and would like some help. Thanks to all of you and sorry for the long post/rant. I've checked everything I know to check. Any help would be appreciated. Please respond so I can reply enough to send ramcares a message.
Hi there,

We do apologize for all of the frustrations surrounding your vehicle and we'd like to see how we can help. Please send us a direct message so that we can look into this for you.

Callie
Ram Cares

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well for one the shop that said they cant do the alignment sure does not know how to work a grinder to pop of the tack welds.. Take it back to the dealer you got it from the weld was a temp solution and a replacement is now available. To me the first thing that comes to mind is a bad rims but i could not see several shops missing that. I had a issue with tire wear on my truck brand new tires Noticeable wear within 300km turns out the tie rods were bad. The lace i purchased it replaced everything up front including outer tie rod ends but for some reason never did the inner. After the inners were done problem solved.. I was the one that found the inners bad as well..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts