DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a 2016 ram 1500 with the 5.7 and the 8 speed transmission that I bought new. 1000 miles out of warranty it gave me my first problem; it acted like it shifted into neutral while I was doing hwy speeds. I was at 65 and moved to pass someone. The trucks rpms shot up and didn't accelerate. I backed off the gas pedal and tried again and it was fine. I check engine light came on but went off before I could read it.

It's done it a few times but the light hasn't came back on and only if I'm laying the hammer down.

Anyone else seen this issue?

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie quad cab
16 Posts
Might try a fluid and filter change.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ok, I have a 2016 ram 1500 with the 5.7 and the 8 speed transmission that I bought new. 1000 miles out of warranty it gave me my first problem; it acted like it shifted into neutral while I was doing hwy speeds. I was at 65 and moved to pass someone. The trucks rpms shot up and didn't accelerate. I backed off the gas pedal and tried again and it was fine. I check engine light came on but went off before I could read it.

It's done it a few times but the light hasn't came back on and only if I'm laying the hammer down.

Anyone else seen this issue?
[/QUOT
Check your fluid, if fluid is good and shifts good. Then I would say that your electronic controls. Whether it is high pressure or low pressure, faulty transmission sensor. You will need to wait for a code. I think down the road every model transmission has had issues. I have the Asian Transmission and it to has given me trouble with high pressure going from forward to reverse. If I shift to quick I get hard shift and the light. You may be getting low pressure when the demand is high. So the TCM protects the unit and kicks it out or it could be just a bad TCM.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts