DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a 2011 dodge ram 1500, put a 6 inch pro comp lift on it. it still sits with a rake in front. i brought it down to the shop near my house to have a leveling kit installed but they said they couldnt put any more blocks on top of the front strut. Any ideas of how to level it out without doing an actual leveling kit. any advice helps.... thanks.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
hi

welcome to the forumz

i dont know much about suspension but i,m sure someone will jump in soon

·
Registered
5 Posts
this problem is extremely common in the 4th gen rams. the issue is this: 4th generation rams have soft rear suspension because they are only 1/2 ton pickups. because of this, they designed the rear to sit a little higher so that when weight is added to the back of the truck, it will sit level as opposed to sagging in the rear. knowing this, procomp designed their lifts to keep the tail end a little higher since it uses the stock rear springs in the lift kit. when you couple those two engineering pieces together, it leaves you with a truck that has a very noticeable front end rake. the easiest way around this is to add some bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks to the front to raise up the front end. the only issue i have with doing so is that it will affect your front end geometry and put your half shafts at a steeper angle which could hurt the performance and longevity of your front end because they are not engineered to run at a high angle like that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i would also look into buying some 5100 adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
307 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts