DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum. just bought a new to me 2017 Ram 1500. I had an old 94 but sold it . I also have a 2017 charger Daytona 392. Anyway, Does any one know what this button is?
20200216_152113.jpg
20200120002050694_DSC00469.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't find anything it does, but a blink a blue light. The phone app is through the console and it all works.

·
Super Moderator
19 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport 5.7 Hemi 4X4 QC
6,013 Posts
I am thinking it is a (aftermarket) Blue Tooth phone switch/adapter? I didn't have anything like that on the dash of my 2017 Big Horn. It had BT from the factory.

Again, that's just a guess, maybe someone else will come along with a positive answer.

·
Registered
'18 RAM 3500 4WD Tradesman 6.4
992 Posts
That certainly does look like an aftermarket installation, but what it does or why it's there I have no idea.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That is definitely not stock. No way of knowing for sure what it's for unless someone on here has installed something like that themselves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help, even the Dodge dealer didn't know.
I bought the truck at a used car lot and no body knows.
I guess I will have to follow the and see where they go.

Thanks everyone for your guesses,, I still love the Truck.:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey man here's a shot. Open up Bluetooth on your phone and tap pair new device. Then press the device until the blue light is flashing and see what name it comes up as on your phone because 9 times out of 10 things like that connect via Bluetooth. Good luck and let us know what it is because now I'm interested lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New to the forum. just bought a new to me 2017 Ram 1500. I had an old 94 but sold it . I also have a 2017 charger Daytona 392. Anyway, Does any one know what this button is? View attachment 131069 View attachment 131070
If you do not have a simular button on your steering wheel it suggests its your press to call someone. You might find it easier to look on line for a 2017 owners manual you can refer to.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm going to guess your vehicle your was a fleet rental truck. I'll bet its a call button from the rental agency for emergency service.

Look up your vin number, get the build sheet and it will say on the build sheet if it was sold to a rental service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New to the forum. just bought a new to me 2017 Ram 1500. I had an old 94 but sold it . I also have a 2017 charger Daytona 392. Anyway, Does any one know what this button is? View attachment 131069 View attachment 131070
ask the place you bought it from who the previous owner was and where from and call them. Honest dealer will give you info or call previous owner and ask question for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for your ides, I bought it at a dealer but not a Dodge dealer. They got it at an action, The Carfax said It came from Bakersfield. But don't know the old owner.
It has the button on the steering wheel and it works. I will try the BT thing and see what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is aftermarket, if you see how it is at the base of the light switch bezel. There is most likely a wire connected to that switch going to a mic or or something else. You can probably trace it back and remove it. I really don’t care for aftermarket mods like that, obviously an owner most likely installed themselves. Or you might try to find out what brand it is and use it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
EVTS looks like Mopar's version of Lojack. You have to pay a yearly fee for the service if you want to activate it. I guess I always thought the Uconnect service included that. I could track my truck when I had it in my 2017 Rebel. I wasn't aware that a separate EVTS was even offered. I've bought three Ram trucks in the last 5 years, and was never offered this on any of them. You'd think they could do a better job of integrating that into their vehicles since it's a Mopar product, instead of just cobbing a switch onto the dash somewhere. Definitely looks aftermarket to me. I'd remove it if I bought a truck that had it, depending on how invasively it was wired in though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts