DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a couple issues with the HID's and LED's on my truck.

HID: I have 6000K 35W HID's in both my headlights and fog lights. Headlights work great, bright, yadda yadda. My fog lights on the other hand will not stop flickering. I did some research, bought a pair of cancellers, and they did nothing. Sometimes they flicker constantly, sometimes only when I'm accelerating, or sometimes not at all. What can I do here?

LED: Alright, I'm big on LED's so I figure why not do my license plate lights. Got myself a set to put in there but ran in to a huge issue. The passenger side light flickers like a strobe light. And during the night it is an incredibly bright strobe light. So I did some more research and bought a resistor to help pull more power to stop the strobing. I hooked the resistor up and it didn't do a thing. I'm pretty sure I had it wired it up correctly. I had one lead of the resistor on the positive wire and one lead on the ground. Is that right? Or am I just an idiot?

Any advice is greatly appreciated here.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
this is honestly the first case i can remember where someone had fog light problems lol

AS far as the HIDs go, try swpping the bulbs side to side. The resistor was intalled right (at least you say it was) sounds like a possibly defective light hwhich can happen from time to time. If you wap them and the strobing goes to the other side check the resistance of each LED and see whats up

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is honestly the first case i can remember where someone had fog light problems lol

AS far as the HIDs go, try swpping the bulbs side to side. The resistor was intalled right (at least you say it was) sounds like a possibly defective light hwhich can happen from time to time. If you wap them and the strobing goes to the other side check the resistance of each LED and see whats up
Yeah, I don't understand it, my headlights work great, it's just those damn fog lights.

I'll mess with the LED's and see what happens. Like you said, it could be just a bad bulb because I noticed only half of the little individual bulbs were actually lighting up when it was plugged in. The other bulb didn't have a problem.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I think some of the 4th gen guys say that bigger ballasts help with that problem. This type of stuff is what has kept me away from HID's. true plug and play halogens always work... aux offroad lights too.... Hopefully you can get the hid and led issue sorted out in a costly manor!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have seen problems with hid and leds flickering.
There is a huge difference in the quality of products that you can buy.
Cheap hids, and cheap leds will burn out/flicker a lot soon then better quality stuff.

Try returning what you bought and spend a few extra bucks to get the higher end products. You get what you pay for with lights

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Yeah, I don't understand it, my headlights work great, it's just those damn fog lights.

I'll mess with the LED's and see what happens. Like you said, it could be just a bad bulb because I noticed only half of the little individual bulbs were actually lighting up when it was plugged in. The other bulb didn't have a problem.
There is a resistance/connection problem then. LEDs arent a "it might be this" there isnt much to LEDs and they either work 100% or give you headaches. Where did you get them from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts