DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has done the H I D conversion for quad headlamps and also the fogs, tell me the part #'s for each? Or even an upgraded bulb that looks and lights better than the stock bulbs. I have seen someone here around town (New Milford CT.) that have the H I D's lights and fogs, makes a huge difference..

Thanks in advance..

Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i know the bulb #'s i was looking for a part # and brand for the hid's or a brand like PIAA for replacement bulbs.. thanks

Bob

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Well as far as hid's there way to many to choose from but i can say this stay away from ddm might want to try retrosolutions and as far as just replacing the bulb aftermarkets are good but they dont really improve the light out all that much more.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
bulb are exactly as dodgert stated,

hid kit are good from retro fit and hidextra

sylvania makes ZXE bulb that have 4200k so they lights much whiter than stock and are suppose to be 50% more efficient

if my hid dont work to good(just install them during christmas vacation) ill be going that way (ZXE)

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are several threads here regarding HID kits, each with their own preferences. While I was visiting family out of state, I had HID's installed in my fogs, lows and highs and what a difference just the lows and fogs make! No need to install the highs, just keep them stock in my opinion.

Now, don't be afraid to spend some cash for a quality kit. It is not that hard to install, but there are a ton of "cheap" kits listed on the net. The guy I had install mine only charged me $300 for all three sets. I was intermittently losing both high and low driver's side lights after about 3 months, so I pulled them out and went with SilverStars until I can save up for new HID's. I really miss the HID’s. I still have the fogs and they really help allot, but the difference is night and day IMHO. The kits I pulled had capacitors added in to cancel any “vibration” or flicker, but still did not prevent the computer from cancelling them out.

I ended up having to take out the lows and highs as the installer did not use the appropriate kit. I took my RAM into a local professional installer who told me that the 2011 computer apparently requires the CAN-BUS ballast specifically programmed in order to keep the lights from cancelling out. His kit cost was $299 per set, where I paid that for all three… IMO I was taken for a ride the first time, but I at least learned how to install them myself and I can now make a better informed decision of which kit to purchase in the future.

Just my $.02…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts