DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HID kit to install. I have both the capacitor kit (for lamp out issues) and a relay harness. My question is for those that installed the harness, the harness has only one plug for the factory headlight plug and two ballast connections. If I leave the other factory plug disconnected, will I get a lamp out light?
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an HID kit to install. I have both the capacitor kit (for lamp out issues) and a relay harness. My question is for those that installed the harness, the harness has only one plug for the factory headlight plug and two ballast connections. If I leave the other factory plug disconnected, will I get a lamp out light?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry to but in on ur thread, but what is the bulb size for the lights? I got the 09 laramie... Wanting to get HIDS for it.. And also, where did you get ur HIDS?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
R33S3, check the "need to know what LEDs fit your truck" thread at the top of the section. It has bulb sizing for everything for 4th and 3rd gens.... Or click there it says HERE in my sig

Harley do you have dual or quad headlights? Sounds like you got a harness for quads and only have duals??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the ballast's from my 05 ram, don't remember where I got them. The bulbs and harness came from Retro-Solutions. The bulb size is H11 low beam and 9005 for the high beam.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the quad headlights. The harness has only one H11 plug for the factory harness and 2 for the 2 ballast's. I looked at harness' from different companies and all showed the same type of connections:
1 lead to battery pos
1 lead to battery neg
1 lead to factory headlight plug
2 leads to the ballast's

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
any chance its 1 ballast per 2 bulbs (one ballast for hi/low each side)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it's one ballast for one bulb. I'm thinking the relay harness is for vehicles without the bulb out warning. But, some guys seem to be running them. I may just put the ballast on with the capacitor's. I didn't have a problem on my 05 but these newer trucks seem to be a little bit more touchy.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
lol in my truck im not running a harness or cap or anything. Im running the factory harness into an error elim into balast to the bulbs lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
R33S3, check the "need to know what LEDs fit your truck" thread at the top of the section. It has bulb sizing for everything for 4th and 3rd gens.... Or click there it says HERE in my sig

Harley do you have dual or quad headlights? Sounds like you got a harness for quads and only have duals??
Hey, Sent u a pm l had a question

·
Registered
9 Posts
I never got it :4-dontknow:

Email me [email protected] itll come to my phone
Well, i c i need to post more than 25 posts to do pms.. ( i jus signed up..) but this is what i asked.l.

Whats the best hid kit for my 09 ram laramie? U heard of xentec? Are they good? And do the ram lights flicker? Resistor needed? Sorry for all the ??s.. But i wanna b sure

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Emaled you back

·
Registered
192 Posts
You only use one factory harness. The other one just cover with a bag and tape up. You should be fine. Mine has the Lamp out system and I get No errors!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had the ballast's from my 05 ram, don't remember where I got them. The bulbs and harness came from Retro-Solutions. The bulb size is H11 low beam and 9005 for the high beam.
Did the plugs match up on your harness? I also ordered a kit from Retro Solutions but none of the plugs mate up to the truck's.... I have the same headlights and should have the same kit..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts