DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but i couldnt come up with what i was looking for...I have a Bi-xenon HID kit in my headlights, the HID's are the brights which i just use instead of the halogen lows. I just bought HID's for my fogs, but you cant use the fogs and headlights at the same time if the hi beams are on. So i was going to work around this by running a switched power to the + on the fog relay, however after an hour of searching I have yet to find any relays on my truck including the fuse box. Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. Any ideas on how i can run both at the same time?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
correct thats what im after, but my fuse box looks nothing like that. its next to the battery at a 45 degree angle. it has like 20 or so mini fuses and a few larger 4 prong fuses, but no relays...:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same problem with one of my older cars. If you know how to solder wires all you have to do is cut the high beam and low beam wire and switch them up. Dont use the butt connectors, i would solder to get a good connection. It lasted on my last car with no problems. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I had the same problem. I took a dpdt relay and a diode and wired a latching relay to keep the fogs on when the hi beams are on. Its easy and under 10$. The fogs come on with the button and stoy on until the button is turned off and the parking light are turned off. works good makes me happy

·
Registered
479 Posts
just be careful. i accidentally left my fogs on yesterday and almost completely drained my truck. the fog light switch has a messed up bulb that will light up about once a month. that light bulb is like my trucks period. and im pretty good about turning them off too, but i guess i need to find a way to make it so that doesnt happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts