DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we're beating a dead horse here but I've nearly got this figured out...

I have an '04 Ram with HID's on the fogs and low beams, no high beams. I've got the system working great, just can't figure out the "lamp out" cause. The "lamp out" comes on everytime I start the truck and goes out as soon as my lights are turned on. It's a 35w ballast, I know it's not the high beam circuit (unless you activate the brights, then the lamp out trips). Do I need to add a 20w resistor in line with the low beams (for a total of 55w) to fool the computer? Also, if I leave the headlights on for awhile, then shut the truck off and turn it back on quickly, I get no lamp out annunciation. I think this is because of the capcitor... But if I wait awhile before restarting, I get the lamp out (cap discharges?)... Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
When you say the "lamp out" goes off as soon as the lights come on. Do you mean as soon as you turn them on? Or that they come on when the truck is started?

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Now that is an odd one. I honestly am stumped so I'll hang out and see what others come up with.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
your headlights turn off after you truck goes on? does it flicker?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the headlamps work great. I get a lampout when I start the truck. As soon as I turn on the lights the lampout extinguishes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts