DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im new here. I installed DDM HID's in my 2011 crew, everything went well and they work fine, but lately I have been noticing moisture on the inside housing of my head lights. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks guys
Brandon

·
Registered
47 Posts
First you should try to locate how the moisture is getting in. Being that you had just replaced the bulbs, i would look there first. Do the bulbs fit nice and snug into the housing? Are there any "gaps" around the bulb? If they do not fit snug, you will have to try and snug it up or fill in the gaps, maybe with some kind of compressible foam to act as a sort of gasket. If you determined the bulb fitment is not the problem, start looking for cracks/separations in the plastic housing. If you locate cracks in the "clear" part of the housing you can seal with aquarium sealer (which is clear). If you locate a crack on the black portion of the casing, just use some RTV and seal it up. Hopefully this is enough to get you started. I would definitely start with the bulb fitment since you stated you had just installed the HIDs.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
How well did the rubber grommets seal in the back of the cover? The way I did mine they were tight and covered the hole I had to drill perfectly. The best thing to do would be to pop your headlights out, let them dry out then reseat the grommets with silicone. Let the silicone set then reinstall.

I don't have a shot of my covers with the grommets installed but if the grommet doesn't properly seal against the inside of the cover you will get moisture in the housing for sure.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
How well did the rubber grommets seal in the back of the cover? The way I did mine they were tight and covered the hole I had to drill perfectly. The best thing to do would be to pop your headlights out, let them dry out then reseat the grommets with silicone. Let the silicone set then reinstall.

I don't have a shot of my covers with the grommets installed but if the grommet doesn't properly seal against the inside of the cover you will get moisture in the housing for sure.
Stumpr beat me to it! That's where your moisture is coming from. Notice that the cover (that you had to drill out in order for the HID bulb to fit) was sealed with an o-ring. Now you just have a little rubber grommet in its place. Dry it out and put a bead of silicone under your grommet and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys I got them all sealed up, and did the install and now my driver side headlight will not light? Is there a fuse, I tried to install the factory light bulb and it wont light either.. Passenger side works fine?????? Help please!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Ahh another pleased DDM customer

But ya as far as condensation like they said seal up any holes with silicon make sure boot is on real tight.

As far as not lighting check to make sure everything is plugged in right and none of the plugs are not backwards. Get used to taking them in and out you'll be replacing then soon enough sorry DDM just blows do a search on here you'll see

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
This is the exact problem I had with my DDM kits. They would light, then not light and it turned out to be bad ballasts. I've since gone to Beamer HID's.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Retro solutions.carid.com

prob is ddm is so cheap cause there products are cheap you might have to spend a little more but i have retro solution hid's in my truck 9 months not 1 problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts