DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just looked and saw the pics never loaded, so I'm trying this again. Hopefully it works this time.
Sorry about that. I didn't look to see if they even posted. First try at posting pictures.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
that's pretty cool (can see it now)...now I know what a 'Ram box' is :) , nicely done :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm just now starting to wire it up. I got everything plumbed and ready. I'm going to start on the dyno with a 50 and go up from there. I hear all these tales about 100 and 125 shots on these stock motors. What is your opinion on this? I'm running stock internals, but every available bolt on out there. I'm on my 3rd rear end and second tranny. I now have a Tru-Trac spool with 4.56s and xtra capacity diff cover. New Tranny has all the new red clutch power pack shift kits, HP mod valves and solenoids, and vbx valvebody. This was all the HiPo parts we could find for it. It now hooks and shifts like a true street racer. I can't keep traction out of the hole, so I'm going to try a NOS 2 stage mini controller and roll the power to it.
Freddie, on the shots, do you think these stock 5.7s can handle a 100 or 125 with out causing total havoc internally with rods and such. I'll spray as much as I can, but don't want to have to replace fuel rails or even worse, rods. What is you valued opinion on this? :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
yes..I was running 150 shots on my motor with over 200k miles on the block...100 and 125 will be no problem...just keep an eye on the wideband and make sure she runs rich when you are in the middle of a shot :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wet 85mm Nitrous Outlet plate system with the middle purge set up. Not the "Big Show" and not the "Cheapo".
I've got 140K on my motor, its a daily driver, and I put about 150 a day through it.
Where should the wideband run in the middle of a shot to be sure it's not leaning out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It was really cool. Nitrous Outlet is in Waco, TX an hour north of me. I've driven up there on several occasions to work with Dave and Andy to get this system pretty perfect. Very cool place with some absolutely freaking awesome products. Don't know if any of you guy are looking, but I would highly recommend these guys. Great customer service and will bend over backwards to help out with tech support. Derick in the back is the bomb on putting the kit together. If you call them tell them the guy with the Red Ram from Cedar Park told you to call and get the set up we put together for mine. We made a few modifications to the 5.7 plate kit to make it more user friendly for the Ram Trucks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm going to resurrect this thread and pose a question. I have a vararam on my truck leaving the space where the stock air box was empty. Could a tank/system be mounted in that area?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts