DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
sweet man, im sure will deffinetly help out and look sick. How was the light output with the tinted headlights with whatever set up you were running??

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before I put HID's in my fogs I could see fine. The light output of my fogs now is crazy bright!! I can't wait to see the heads done. i will have them done early afternoon tomorrow,I will put pics up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yup, after I installed the fogs I knew I had to do the rest.

mikeski

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
sweet man, looks great I like the look through the tinted headlights!! I got an off this topic question, any chance I could get a pic down the side of your truck to see how far the tires stick out... I am tossing the idea of new wheels around but unsure how far I want them to stick out..

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Thanks and ya I will get you one.
I would appreciate it! I can pm you an email address or if you give a photobucket link or however you want to do it... I also posted a pic request in the wheels & tires section so that would work too! up too you!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
thanks for the pic fella! gives me a decent idea whether to go with 20x9's or 20x10's, looks like they stick out roughly 1.5-2 inches or so. Lights look really good at night!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
awesome thanks alot! gotta decide if its worth going with a 20x10 with - 12 or stay with 20x9 in a -12. I dont need them out 3 inches but I want them out a bit, enough to look good and warrant getting pocket style flares

·
Registered
340 Posts
So Big, are there plans to do the brights also?? I put in the fogs and now I just gotta have the other 4 lights.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Are you saying that the HID low's are as good as running your highs?? Or maybe using highs is against some belief?? Just checking.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Mike, I really noticed not much of a difference between the HID lows and the the normal His when i did the swap on someones truck for them when i was in MI.

AFter an HID conversion on the low beams and re aiming them for the new light, I have yet to hear anyone complain about not being able to see lol. I think a lot depends on where you live though. In MI I was on a farm and used my Hi beams alot, simply because it was pitch black and 55W high beams are like the freaking sun when looking through trees.

In CA I havent touched my high beams other than to flash other people coming at me with their high beams on or to piss off my friends when im driving behind them hahahahaha

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you saying that the HID low's are as good as running your highs?? Or maybe using highs is against some belief?? Just checking.

I am just saying my lights are bright enough now that I wont need my Highs. The light out put is sooo awesome!! I lowered my heads about a year ago and thought I needed to lower them again. Well i measured them 20ft away and they are 40" to the center of the light so leaving them where they are. if i get flashed i will lower them more.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts