DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Brand new to the forum and I first want to say thank you for all the great info and ideas!

This weekend I am going to be putting in my HIDs in my lows and fogs. I got 35w 6000k from xentec. I got then both for 68 bucks off ebay and they are going in my 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab...

So after reviewing many posts I went ahead and ordered a anti-flicker capacitor off amazon for 24 dollars. When I ordered the HID's i didnt realize i needed it. But apparently evryone needs them...Is there real truth to that?

When I put them in this weekend I will hopefully either give video or pics of how I did it... Before I get started is there any tricks or advice you guys can give me before I do it..

One again I look forward to being a regular on the forum and thanks in advance for any input/advice!

Matt

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Timmy nailed it. In order for them to really shine there are a couple of ways to go. I went with the error cancellers from DDM tuning. They are inexpensive and work great or run everything via a relay drawing running power direct from the battery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stump3r i just looked at them on DDMtuning.com and the "error code eliminator" picture looks EXACTLY like what I bought...I think I accidentally bought the right ones!! LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
blackmamba let me know how those HIDs turn out i saw them and thought about getting them as well but was unsure so i would like some personal experience from someone who has them first lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blackmamba let me know how those HIDs turn out i saw them and thought about getting them as well but was unsure so i would like some personal experience from someone who has them first lol
Sure will... I should have them in this sunday! This is my only day off!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so all i got done tonight were the fogs. They are very easy to install and I suck at DIY projects. Just plug and play! I mounted to ballasts to the metal support next to the fog housing. I should have the lows done this weekend. I will record that project and post it. I figured since the fogs were so easy I wouldnt bore you with an install video of that. Here is my pic so far. Taken at night but you get the idea. I am very pleased with them and cant wait to get the headlights done!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apprently I also suck at loading pics... I cant seem to figure it out.. tried to add it as an attachment but its not working... am I missing something?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts