DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have tried every kit recommended 1000 different ways to resistors to harnesses to plug n play and my 2011 ram 1500 refuses to keep the hids lit for more than a few seconds no matter what I try. I see other rams with them and this is driving me absolutely nuts. I can’t see a dam thing at night with halogens and it’s dangerous out in the country at night. I can’t spend any more money on this I’m 1000 deep into kits already that refuse to work. So LEDs use much less power correct ? I know they aren’t as bright at HiDs but anyone have luck with a brand that just works without issues ?? It’s shameful what ram did to the headlight system on this truck. All my other vehicles you just plug in anything you want and they turn on fine.

·
Registered
2015 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, Prairie Pearlcoat/White Gold
33 Posts
I have a 2011 also, and put in a HID conversion projector kit from Morimoto. I struggled initially as well and discovered that the original 90 degree connector doesn't work well in the back of the housing. I added a straight connector which fit tighter, problem went away. Been using it for over 4 years now with zero issues.
Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Not knowing the whole deal here but how did you wire the ballast up? Are you running them off a key on power? I have run several sets of HID in motorcycles, cars etc. I have never had any not work. Some work better than others and last longer.

·
Registered
2015 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, Prairie Pearlcoat/White Gold
33 Posts
Not knowing the whole deal here but how did you wire the ballast up? Are you running them off a key on power? I have run several sets of HID in motorcycles, cars etc. I have never had any not work. Some work better than others and last longer.
The ballasts are wired to the battery via the relay, and are activated via the normal light switch, either auto or manual.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts