DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Ram with aftermarket ANZO U-Bar projector headlights, I tried putting HID bulbs in but the CANBUS system just will not let them work like they should, ive went from A-Z with resistors and capacitors to try and get them to work through my headlight harness but CANBUS just keeps ****ing them up. The only thing i can think of is to wire my HID's straight to my battery and then to a toggle switch (ON/OFF) (of course with a relay and fuse) . Dont worry about high beams because they are an H7 bulb, the high beam flapper inside the housing still works without a bulb in the harness. All im wondering is if I wire it to an ON/OFF like I said, and just put the bulb in the housing and turn them on when i want them on, is it safe/will it work?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have you tried ditching the day time running lights? Had the some issues with mine as well. Also I had to switch some wires around to get high and low beams.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do i disable DRL? Would love to because even when i put my truck in drive without turning my switch to turn my lights on, the bulbs flicker like crazy until i turn my switch on then they level out normal. So whenever i drive i always have to have my lights on or else they jump around and flicker like nuts. Plus then my taillights are on in the daytime when im driving and i look like a goof

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mines a 97. So all I did was unplug the module. It was on the front drivers side fender. The only thing that it caused was for my high beam on off light not to work. Not a big deal to me. But if there flickering I would deffinently say that's it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
No problem. And if the high low Dosent work I switched the 2 prongs on the hid connection side. I can't remember what 2 but it was only the center one with a left or right one. If it's 3 prong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts