DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I put over 100 miles a day 500-600 per week every week. Something like 26k per year or more depending on job locations.
I should really work on getting better mileage. I think I put a little more money in my pocket today. My speedo was off by like 5 mph due to 20" tires over stock 17s. So when I though I was doing 65 I was actually going 70... that explains me getting pulled over a few weeks ago for going 68 in a 50....
I was thinking I drive reasonable, add 5mph and it makes a difference in gas mileage.
I posted in another thread how I used alfaobd app to program correct tire size amongst other things.
I am surprised that the z forum does not have nearly the amount of data about alfaobd as the other ram forum.
They have like 8k posts about it with all sorts of detailed step by steps.

·
Registered
682 Posts
We have a 2002 Durango with 206k. Regular oil changes and I have run syn oil in since we bought it with like 40k on it. My 96 cummins was an ultra low mile truck I just sold in the spring @ 136K on it. Currently I just bought a 2012 2500 with a 5.7 and 113k on it. Most newer cars/trucks will go well over 150-200 k if you do normal maintenance on them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 quad 5.7 hemi with 178,000 on the odo and plan on keeping for as long as my max care will pay for repairs.....use amsoil signature synthetic and had the cam problems that dodge replaced the long block for me at 103 000 miles , all is well since!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 13' ram 1500 CC with 73k milles on it already. i was wondering what was the life span for these trucks? i still owe 3 years on the truck and was thinking by the time i get it paid off will it be Nox Vidmate VLC wore out to where i need to go and trade. been debating on whether or not to get me a diesel cause 200k miles on them is nothing. if i perform the proper maintenance can i get close to 150k miles without major problems like replacing the engine?
Mines gonna be a high mileage Hemi when it's paid off lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone give me a opinion I’m looking at a 2014 hemi 6.4 2500 Dodge Ram with 120,000 miles on it for only 17k super nice with off-road tires all black is this a lot of miles for this vehicle and do u guys think it’s worth it n does it ha e a long life span in it still

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally I wouldn't spend $17k on a gas engine with that many miles..But i don't think it's a stretch to say you'll get another 100,000+ miles out of it. Just be prepared for the maintenance that will come with those miles truck wide

·
Registered
682 Posts
Any history? What truck was used for? Whats the bed look like is usually a good place to start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 13' ram 1500 CC with 73k milles on it already. i was wondering what was the life span for these trucks? i still owe 3 years on the truck and was thinking by the time i get it paid off will it be wore out to where i need to go and trade. been debating on whether or not to get me a diesel cause 200k miles on them is nothing. if i perform the proper maintenance can i get close to 150k miles without major problems like replacing the engine?
I also have a 2013 4x4 CC and I have 113,000+ and my only issue has been a leaking strut, which was replace. Just keep the maintenance up to date. 113,000+ and having rear brakes and pads installed tomorrow for the first time. I am keeping this till it stops running.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts