DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:4-dontknow:

Hello all,

I am looking at buying a ram 1500. The current forerunner is a 2003 model standard cab 4x4 with the 5.7 HEMI. It has 112K on the clock, but I don't know if this is about the max life of the HEMI or not. What is the most I can expect out of the motor and what should I look for when buying a used HEMI?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kay9,

Yeah, I have my heart set on a standard cab 4x4 with the HEMI. I have had a few dodge trucks (including a 2006 SLT 2500 with the 8.0L, I LOVED that truck) so I know they can take a beating. I am just trying to get the best deal for my money, like everyone else, so I want to know how reliable a HEMI with 112K on it will be. It sounds to me like they are a pretty solid engine. I know the 4.7 Magnum is a damn solid engine, but I want something with a little more go and a lot more growl... lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK. I bought the truck! I will be putting up some pics in the next few weeks. Once the weather gets better and I can get her cleaned up properly!
The truck runs GREAT! The only thing I have noticed is this, if I goose the throttle quickly while driving down the road, there seems to be a hesitation before the engine picks up revs... is this a stock tune that is set to "save" wear and tear on the transmission?
And OH, Satin Pumpkin... what kind of intake do you have on that thing??? I love the way that engine looks!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.