DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I just swaped out the bulbs in my hella lights from 100 watts to 130 watts. On the highway they seem fine but at idle my gauge almsot hits the "L" mark. Would a higher output alternator and the "big 3" help with this problem? If so where should I begin my search for the HO alternator?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I done some more looking and I dont think the 160 amp is going to cut it as i have those four lights and a 800 watt amp powering my sub too. was looking for one in the 200 + amp range...anyone got any ideas on where I can find one? I checked all my local parts stores and they can't help me. hopefully someone here can!

·
Registered
64 Posts
ive been looking for a high output alternator too and so far the best luck i have found is DC power inc as stated above. I have even went as far as calling shops to build a custom one. for $500 i dont think your going to find a bigger better alternator.

As far as the big 3 i suggest going for it. i just did the big 5 last weekend with 1/0 awg monster cable and even with the stock alt and bat i can tell a difference in my stereo and the lights flicker less.

Another idea, even though its super expensive, is to switch your hellas to HID. they pull a lot less power. my buddy has 7 6k 6 inchers and his stock alternator handles it with no problem. All he has is a red top optima. Just a thought

1 - 7 of 7 Posts