DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i'm experimenting with different holster options for the rams without having to drill or strap some ugly holster under your steering wheel! This is the first one I made for my Steyr M40 it just clips on the side of the console and sits securely doesn't have any issues. was just looking for some feedback, and feeling out wether or not these would be something anyone would want. let me know what you think!!!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Looks good. Now i'm missing my Glock 19. I figure, if I'm driving my 6,000 lb hemi powered 4x4 Ram I'm already packing plenty of iron, hehe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
looks great!

forgive my canadianness, but why do you need a gun in the truck? lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks great!

forgive my canadianness, but why do you need a gun in the truck? lol
Well considering bad things happen to good people everyday. Like: Carjackings, robbery, murder, kidnapping, Ect.,Ect.,Ect. Why wouldn't i want to protect my family? and secondly protect myself?…………………….When i'm in the truck its in the holster on the console when i leave its in my iwb holster. Hope i never need it. but i'd rather have it and never draw it. Than need it and lose my life or more importantly my family all because I decided i didn't need one. pretty simple question to answer for me.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Ive been thinking of a set up for my ram. I don't have a center console, there is the 3 person bench seat with floor there where you console is.

so I don't know what to do :/ just keep it in the console I guess? clip like you do but on the door on my left side (right handed)? but then when you open and shut it and the gun is there it gets bounced around.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive been thinking of a set up for my ram. I don't have a center console, there is the 3 person bench seat with floor there where you console is.

so I don't know what to do :/ just keep it in the console I guess? clip like you do but on the door on my left side (right handed)? but then when you open and shut it and the gun is there it gets bounced around.
Post a pic of your front seat. If its anything like my 07 GMC i may have a solution.

·
Registered
62 Posts
some reason I can't view your pics but sounds good, could you send them to me. currently in have a fobus holster that snaps perfectly over trim below the steering wheel no drilling and I think it looks OK but always looking for alternatives.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
some reason I can't view your pics but sounds good, could you send them to me. currently in have a fobus holster that snaps perfectly over trim below the steering wheel no drilling and I think it looks OK but always looking for alternatives.
HMMM I don't know why you can't see them? I could email you some pm me.

@ Gonefishin I had had a holster for my GMC that held the pistol between the driver and jumpseat, it was pretty nice i wish i had pics. i'll see what i can come up with.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
HMMM I don't know why you can't see them? I could email you some pm me.

@ Gonefishin I had had a holster for my GMC that held the pistol between the driver and jumpseat, it was pretty nice i wish i had pics. i'll see what i can come up with.
hmmmmm good idea! ya I guess you could just. get a spare kydex holster or somethin to put the gun in to stick In between the seats

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmmmm good idea! ya I guess you could just. get a spare kydex holster or somethin to put the gun in to stick In between the seats
pretty much mine had velcro that stuck to the seat material and held the holster in place! it worked great and when i removed the pistol you didn't notice the holster was there!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
pretty much mine had velcro that stuck to the seat material and held the holster in place! it worked great and when i removed the pistol you didn't notice the holster was there!
greet idea!

thanks man

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
I usually just keep my pistol(s) in the console. Keeps it nice and concealed, but I have thought about doing a similar holster. Thanks for sharing. I've always liked the Steyr M series sights btw.

As for why you'd want a gun in your truck, I have one with me for the same reason I wear a seatbelt. I can't see the future, but having it on me gives me an increased chance of survival should something go wrong. That goes for a seatbelt and a pistol. A better question is "why would you not want it?"

·
Registered
9 Posts
To answer the question of why have a pistol in the car? Well I have a story that happened to me about 10 years ago while driving back to my Army base in Virginia from Florida late at night. I stopped at a highway rest area late at night with my ex-wife and her child in the car. There was no one there, but you know how women are they have to go to the bathroom right away. Well when I pulled in, I had a clear line of sight to the bathroom and it was lit up pretty nicely. Well she went, and I watched her kid while she was sleeping in the car. Well knowing it was late at night I always keep my head on a swivel as you can say. I noticed someone walking out of the shadows and approaching my car wearing a hoodie. I had my windows rolled down so I could hear things so I heard him from quite a distance. Once he came closer I screamed "What are you looking for?". He kept walking, so I calmly reached under my seat and grabbed my glock 19. When he was about 50 feet away I screamed "Stop!!". He then pulled out a knife which gleamed off the lights and I said "Not today buddy". I pointed my pistol at him and told him to lay flat on the ground. He complied, which I think was very smart in his case since I had just returned from Iraq and wasn't in a very playful mood. I then had my ex call 911 and the police showed up and arrested him. Since I have my concealed carry permit which is valid in many states they just had me do a quick statement and thanked me for my service and off I went. So you just never know when you may use it, it's always better to be prepared than to not be. I had no clue what his intentions were, but I didn't want to know what would have happened if I were less prepared.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
im glad everyone was ok! and I understand the protection part of it. i didnt meant to irk anyone, I was just curious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't think it irk'd anyone, just thought giving some personal experiences as to why. I think it may help someone that might be on the fence as to why some do it. Once it hits close to home it could change your opinion as to why some do it. It's an ever changing world we live in, and it's better to be prepared IMO....

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
To answer the question of why have a pistol in the car? Well I have a story that happened to me about 10 years ago while driving back to my Army base in Virginia from Florida late at night. I stopped at a highway rest area late at night with my ex-wife and her child in the car. There was no one there, but you know how women are they have to go to the bathroom right away. Well when I pulled in, I had a clear line of sight to the bathroom and it was lit up pretty nicely. Well she went, and I watched her kid while she was sleeping in the car. Well knowing it was late at night I always keep my head on a swivel as you can say. I noticed someone walking out of the shadows and approaching my car wearing a hoodie. I had my windows rolled down so I could hear things so I heard him from quite a distance. Once he came closer I screamed "What are you looking for?". He kept walking, so I calmly reached under my seat and grabbed my glock 19. When he was about 50 feet away I screamed "Stop!!". He then pulled out a knife which gleamed off the lights and I said "Not today buddy". I pointed my pistol at him and told him to lay flat on the ground. He complied, which I think was very smart in his case since I had just returned from Iraq and wasn't in a very playful mood. I then had my ex call 911 and the police showed up and arrested him. Since I have my concealed carry permit which is valid in many states they just had me do a quick statement and thanked me for my service and off I went. So you just never know when you may use it, it's always better to be prepared than to not be. I had no clue what his intentions were, but I didn't want to know what would have happened if I were less prepared.
we make that same trip a few times a year. VA to FL. and i carried my g19 in a backpack between my legs (passenger) for this very reason. those gas stations are sketchy as hell

1 - 20 of 36 Posts