DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was a little lazy and didnt empty my catch can on my last oil change. Today I changed my oil and emptied my catch can. Aprox. 6000mi since my last emty. Holy oil, my catch can was almost full , poured it into a see through container so you could see and thats after spilling at least an ounce on my work bench. The last pic is the bottom of the can , there was a wierd sludge like stuff at the bottom. Saved this from running through my motor, the proof is in the pudding , best mod ever.

·
Registered
175 Posts
yea they work greatand def a must do. i had one on my superbee i need to get one for the ram now. i was tring to get one from a guy on the forums but i havent herd from him

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I drove my Ram over 7,000 miles, then i emptied the catch can, it maybe had 2" of oil in it
it was clear as can be, it is now in my oil squirt can
I keep most of the oil from the catch can in a quart oil can, someone is always short on money & i give it to them, good for the Ram, good for the environment, & it makes a neighbor happy

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if the sludge at the bottom is from the cold since it never gets circulated and warmed up . Been around 30deg and below over the last two weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts