DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new RAM! It came with the Homelink system but since I don't have a garage door opener, the 3 buttons sit there unused.

I read that you can use Homelink to control other devices. Have any of you found any other uses - useful, creative, just plain cool?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can control anything that comes with a remote like a garage door; lights and what not. I'm using it for my garage door and it is great not having to have an extra remote lying around. It was a pain to program but was worth it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have played around with the X-10 stuff and an old garage door opener I found in the trash. Basically used the RF circuit from it, programmed the homelink to operate it,then interfaced the output too an X10 universal module. So basically I can do some simple control of lights and such with the homelink. I so believe there are some more elegant solutions out there. Try poking around the smarthome website if your not into the homebrew stuff...:smileup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have played around with the X-10 stuff and an old garage door opener I found in the trash. Basically used the RF circuit from it, programmed the homelink to operate it,then interfaced the output too an X10 universal module. So basically I can do some simple control of lights and such with the homelink. I so believe there are some more elegant solutions out there. Try poking around the smarthome website if your not into the homebrew stuff...:smileup:
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check out the smarthome site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts