DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to isolate a rattle that I thought was coming from my dash. I have a done a lot of searching in regards to finding the source. One post I read indicated the noise was actually coming from the front hood. Apparently, they forgot to put rubber dampeners along the edge under the hood. I checked under my hood this evening and I also don't have any dampeners. Is this true... is there supposed to be dampeners? There are a couple holes down the side that look something should be there. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
don' have an answer for you, but dealer should replace, with out waiting, and install in under five minutes. if they are not part of the truck, they should have something they can use and cost under 5.00.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don' have an answer for you, but dealer should replace, with out waiting, and install in under five minutes. if they are not part of the truck, they should have something they can use and cost under 5.00.
I am not sure if the noise is coming from the hood area. However, I do find it strange there are a couple of stamped holes along both sides. Does anyone have a picture under the hood along the sides of a 2011 or 2012?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a rattle in mine also,thought it was in the dash,then I found it was coming from the roof. I thought maybe some wire harness for an overhead console [which I don.t have] came loose inside headliner or something. I screwed around a little and found it was the sun visors.They are loose inside the holders.I fixed them the ******* way and put a little duct tape inside holders and the rattle is now gone.

·
Registered
79 Posts

This is what mine looks like. 2012 Express.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

This is what mine looks like. 2012 Express.
Raimsail, thanks for the picture! However, I can't get it to open larger so I can see if there are rubber dampeners on it. From the attached picture it does look different then mine but it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No dampeners that I see.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just sent you a PM with my email. I'm happy to send you the high resolution image if you email me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No dampeners that I see.
Yes, this is not my issue. I took a trip today and I believe it is coming from the dash. I pushed in on the passenger visor to see if this stopped it and it did not. Sometimes it just keeps rattling even on smooth roads. If it is not rattling and then hit a bump it starts..........! Help :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Try running with your cup holder closed. I had a cup holder on a loaner 2012 ram that rattled like crazy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try running with your cup holder closed. I had a cup holder on a loaner 2012 ram that rattled like crazy.
Ramsail, thanks again for your effort/help! :smileup: I just have the Big Horn addition... mine does not have a cover for the cup holders. Is it supposed to?

·
Registered
79 Posts
No, i was thinking the non-console cup holder that folds into the dash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts