DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ended up locking the doors with a fuse pulled that disables the remote door opener. And to seal the deal, the key for the door is locked inside. Anyone know how to open these hoods from outside with out breaking into the truck? I'm sure I can get in with coat hangers and such, but I'd like to know if there is any good tricks that others have done. Haven't crawled under the truck yet, so there may be hope there! As I said in my newbie post, I can't be the only one that's done this! Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
Sorry can't think of anyway, Once you get your key out go down and get one cut who cares if it isn't chipped nice to have one to just open the door in such a case!!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Do you not have a second key in the other FOBIK?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
only way to open the hood would be if ur under it and can get to the wire near the latch and pull it.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
If I'm reading this correctly.....

You're saying that you have they keyless entry fob, but the precut key that came with the truck is locked inside...

Each key fob has a "normal" key inside of it, that'll open up your door. Look near the lil hole where the ring connects, you should see a slide type of "switch" this will release the key.

good luck, and if there are still problems I'll try to get some pics of what I'm talking about posted

Exco

·
Registered
479 Posts
excoastie is right. there is a little key inside of the electrical key that will open the door. i thought it was the craziest thing ever when i saw my dad do that for the first time. dont break into your truck or break your truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts