DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry guys, got these done last weekend, installed my tow hooks on the front, and got my N-fab light bar installed, lights are waiting for me to pick up at the border.... hehehehe I went BIG & bright on the lights hahahaha

sorry the girl is a bit dirty, she was washed yesterday

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Look forward to seeing the lights installed. How does the lightbar install.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Good look. How was the cuttin out for the hook install was it hard and does it come out well? Just curious. I have thought about it myself, they dont come on the Express even the 4wd.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks good! Which brand and size of lights are you going to add? I'm going to be adding 3 up front on my front end replacement and am torn on the size.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look forward to seeing the lights installed. How does the lightbar install.
the front facsia cover does have to come off and 2 holes drilled where the licence plate bracket and then it bolts on, took me 20mins to install. It was freakin easy.

Good look. How was the cuttin out for the hook install was it hard and does it come out well? Just curious. I have thought about it myself, they dont come on the Express even the 4wd.
I took the plastic panel off and used a dremel and cutting wheel, made quick work of it.

Looks good! Which brand and size of lights are you going to add? I'm going to be adding 3 up front on my front end replacement and am torn on the size.
going with 4 x 6" Soltek Prerunner HID spotlights

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here's my 2011 Ram Outdoorsman with a Smittybilt Light Bar. I am running 2 x 6" PIAA Off-Road Lights and they are great for the purpose - use them quite a bit when Off-Road or on the Highway at night (when I can light them up anyways). Using KC Light Covers that I picked up in the US.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Cant wait to see updated pics, you are going to be a rolling sun!:str::str:

Even the big horns dont come with them, I believe they are an option on all trim levels?

·
Registered
12,860 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Probably on the 1500s butIi know they came on my 2010 2500. I wish I had a set. I will need them this spring probably going to camp. We go in a family group and and I soooo wanna be the one to pull my kid brothers new chevy out not my father in law with his tundra....lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys the hooks were a 5min install, they were soooooo easy to do, just loosen 2 nuts on both sides and install the nuts and the supplied bolt, only tedious part was the trimming on the plastic.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thanks for all the info. This is gonna be a must do for me around 1st of April since we will be headed into our remote camp on the pond on our Family Spring run around 2nd week of April. Good to know its an easy do.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
install took 20mins, just the 2 plastic screws on both side of teh fender well, 2 metal screws in that meet the bumper to the fender, the 4 bolts along the underside of the black valance, and remove the grill, off she comes, drill 2 holes on where the licence plate bracket goes and insert the bolts, tighten amd reinstall the bumper cover.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts