DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....anyone figured a way to overcome this?

After owning my Ram for five months, I still cannot get use to this idiotic feature Ram decided to throw in.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres a lag from the time you hit the steering wheel to the time you hear the horn sound. This also makes it impossible for a short burst of a "beep."

It's trivial, yeah, but it pisses me off. Especially when I want a quick squirt of the horn to let the person in front know the light has turned green or whatnot.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, and air horns are sooooo... 1980"s !!!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really?

Maybe it's just mine?

I have a dealership down the road from my house....will check on another tomorrow.

Dang....

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its not just your truck bud
There is no way to get a quick blow (of the horn LOL) from mine either
Its always the full 1 second
Okay, that's refreshing to hear.

I've never had a vehicle do that B4. A quick tap of the steering wheel center and a short/brief beep would yelp out on all other vehicles I've had in the past.

Another brain fart on Ram's part.....

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Yea I agree... My horn is the same way and have never known it, but I am an a** about that whole thing. Where you would blow your horn I just quickly jab the throttle and my Cherry Bombs scare everything with in a 2 mile radius (;

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You could always install a police push bar and then lightly apply a soft love nudge/push on the rear bumper; that would definitely do the trick.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
I don't use my horn much
main reason is that you can't just give a short beep
I have to push so hard on my horn that it only blasts long & loud
i always figured that the air bag wasn't seated properly

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My 3 year old always asks me to honk when leaving for work , and ya its weird , but to do a little "beep beep" always turns out like 3 or something just weird. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a weird horn.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts