DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey RamNation!

I recently purchased a 96 Dodge Ram 4x2 SLT.

Testing things, I found out that the horn does not work. Now, I have never used a horn in the past so I am not to concerned about it, but would like to fix it anyways. I found the horn under the front driver side fender, traced the wires coming off of it, and found a male connector that it is not plugged into anything (assuming I traced it right). Looking under the passenger side fender, I found a female connector with nothing plugged into it as well. There is no way the two could ever reach each other the way they sit now and so here are my questions.

Are these two connectors suppose to "marry" each other? if so how????

If not what are these mystery wires?

Any options to get the horn working.

Thanks RamNation, you're the best.

***SEE ATTACHED PHOTOS***

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Get a test light and have someone push horn button. See how it goes.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Salt and other components of road spray ate the horns of my trucks out years ago, I would check for voltage at the horn wire where it connects to the horn. If theres voltage there, hit up a junkyard for a new pair of horns. Also, try grounding them with a wire with alligator clips, it may be the ground... avoid GMS and Chryslers, I've had terrible luck with their horns. If no power there, swap relays around, in the box aft of the battery. The relay may be done, I cannot remember which fuse it is, and whatelse is on that circuit. Good Luck!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts