DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my current headlight predicament it looks like I'll be ordering some aftermarket headlights. They'll be projectors, but we won't be going HID as I don't want the hassle mounting the ballast/relays.

These headlights come with LEDs and halos. I'd like to hook them up to a "hot on run" wire so that they are lit whenever the truck is running.

Any suggestions on where the best wire to use is for the headlight LEDs and halos?

Also, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights? I'd use the ground on the light wiring harness for the LEDs and halos.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
With my current headlight predicament it looks like I'll be ordering some aftermarket headlights. They'll be projectors, but we won't be going HID as I don't want the hassle mounting the ballast/relays.

These headlights come with LEDs and halos. I'd like to hook them up to a "hot on run" wire so that they are lit whenever the truck is running.

Any suggestions on where the best wire to use is for the headlight LEDs and halos?

Also, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights? I'd use the ground on the light wiring harness for the LEDs and halos.

Thanks!
Hi Calab,

I'd strongly recommend not going with after-market headlights unless they are an OEM replica like the TYC Sport/Laramie projectors (rockauto) has em cheap.

Just so you know, not all projectors are equal, and not all projectors are good. The aftermarket variety tend to be the cheapest H1 halogen projectors out of china and will be so bad you'll want to put a drop in HID kit in them. However, they'll still be bad, and not legal. Those LED halo's probably won't last long neither.

Usually these aftermarket ones are "for off-road use" only as well. For good reason, they aren't good headlights, they are toys.

As for the hot when running, use a fuse splicer and select any fuse from the fuse box that gets power on ignition, and run that to relay powered from the battery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts