DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just change the oil today and noticed this little leak from the tranny cover. What do you think? I called my local dealer and they said it should be covered under the warrentee. They said there is a recall on the tierod end and or track bar too? Anyway, gonna get it checked out. It's a 2010 2500 with 26,234 miles on it. I checked the bolts and they are tight so it's a seal most likely huh? Might just as well get the filter and fluid changed while I'm at it.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Well it's a bit early by some opinions, but personally I would just change the filter too. It seems foolish to have the pan off and not change it :)

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I would go ahead & change them
There are 2 filters & they run about $50 for both

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would hose off the pan and get rid of the mud, so they don't say it was damaged off road.
Not worried about that. There ain't a scratch on the pan or the exhaust pipe anywhere. I know the owner of the dealership (atv riding buddy) and if he gives me any chit he can bring his own beer next time!

·
Registered
15,703 Posts
Not worried about that. There ain't a scratch on the pan or the exhaust pipe anywhere. I know the owner of the dealership (atv riding buddy) and if he gives me any chit he can bring his own beer next time!
good, if i ever have an issue with my truck, i will let you hook me up. nice to have a friend like that.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer says it's the shift linkage seal blah, blah, blah something or other. I thought it was the flux capaciter but that seems to be working fine lol. Dealer doesn't have the part on hand so gotta go back next friday. Good news is...it's covered under warrentee.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, got that shifter seal fixed under warrentee a week or so ago. While I was there I had them change out the tranny fluid and filters and change out the transfer case fluid as well. I had them check the brakes since they seem mushy to me (they said they were fine). They tightened a track bar bolt under recall and set the toe. So, I went to my local garage today to have an alignment done and....now the power steering pump is leaking! Called dealer back and set yet another appt. for them to look at it, order the parts and then come back to the dealer later, AGAIN, for the install! Then I'll have to set another appt. to get an alignment!!! Jumpin' jack in the box Christmas what a cluster______!! The steering pump is under warrentee as well so no $ out of my pocket. Just glad I'm self employed and can take the time off to get everything fixed. If I didn't have the front & real lockers put in, a snow plow put on, winch wired up, etc, etc. I'd go down right now to my local Chevy dealer and pick up that very nice 06', 4 door, leather, loaded, 8ft bed, single wheeled, 1 ton duramax they have there! Really tempted to do that!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got the steering box replaced today and the alignment checked, no charge. Wondering what will go next, any bets? Becoming a regular at my Dodge dealer lately. Real glad it's under warrentee or it would not have been cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts