DODGE RAM FORUM banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
it didn't take much convincing for me. I was pulling my 5th wheel with the jeep behind it from Texas to North Dakota and used 22.5 gallons of def. My exhaust was so hot it melted the paint off my exhaust tip. I could drive for about an hour after a fill up before the truck felt like it was running on 1/2 power. I'd have to shift down to 5th for about 20 minutes then I could grab 6th again and have power back. This was on flat ground. I seriously thought my truck with 9k miles on it was going to leave me stranded. I ordered the delete parts as soon as I got there! I've put about 10k more miles pulling the same load and haven't had another issue. The way I look at it my truck will be in a lot better shape internally by the time my warranty would've ran out vs leaving the stuff on.
Where did u get delete kit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Considering a “delete kit” as well for my 2020 Ram 2500 “Limited” bought the truck new haven’t owned the it a year and it’s on it’s way to the dealer for a third time for at least a week and a half. First time for the 12 in. screen module didn’t work from day one. Second time for the DEF gauge reading, it gave me the 150 mi warning, dealer took 10 days to erase the fault and tell me they couldn’t find any error. Going in tomorrow for the DEF gauge again they said at least a week and a half before they could get to it.

$80,000 ”TRUCK OF THE YEAR” ?. I SAY B.S.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was suggested I pro rate my monthly payments to reflect / subtract the time my truck spends at the dealer being repaired or waiting to be diagnosed or repaired.
Others have said I should consider a “lemon law” as the truck has had problems since day one.
Beautiful truck but everything is not always as good as it looks Dodge/Ram has had problems with their version of the DEF system since the day they launched it and the same problems obviously persist in todays trucks .

BUYER BEWARE FOR GOOD REASON.

·
Registered
520 Posts
DEF has no effect on the engine, its sole purpose is to reduce NOX emissions.

DEF is DEF, certified DEF is 33% urea, 67% water. Buy the cheapest. If you really want to be thrifty, add distilled water.

2014-16 1500s have a DEF Common Urea Sensor you can run down to 2-3% DEF 97-98% Distilled Water
1 Gallon of DEF to 7 Gallons of Distilled Water (10%/90%) was used in a 2015 Ecodiesel for over 4 years without any issues..

2017-2020 1500s, 2500s & 3500s have a DEF Quality Urea Sensor that will trigger a code at 22% or less.
2.5 Gallons of DEF to 1 Gallon of Distilled Water = 24%, code and error free.

I monitor % DEF and DEF tank % full on my Edge CTS3s. Every Walmart DEF I have used has displayed 33%. I run 2.5gal DEF/1 gal distilled water in my tuned 2020 3500 HO and 1gal DEF/7gal distilled water in my tuned 2016 1500 Ecodiesel. Being tuned, I could run 100% distilled water.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts