DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i currently have halogen silverstar ulra bulbs on my truck and plan on putting a 35w hid dual hi/lo conversion kit into my trucks headlights . with my current halogen bulbs i notice when i put the hi beams on during a snow storm i get that snow blind because of to much light. with hid putting 3x as much light output while on hid low beam will i experiance that snow blind during a snow storm? i do live where it snows every winter.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I do not expect to have any problems in weather with the HID's. You will definitely see the cutoff in a snow storm. Brights are brights and will be the same for both.

me...

·
Registered
406 Posts
If I lived where it snowed a lot I wouldnt run high HIDs 8k or above, and if you have fogs and go HIDs in those install 3k, there yellow tint and yellow is suppose to be best in snow/fog and stick with 6k in headlights..........We ran this setup when I worked up in the artic

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
In snow, heavy rain, or real foggy
i believe the high beams work like a light on a mirror, it hits sort of a wall & reflects right back at you

I use low beams & fogs lights when the weather is not clear, any reflection seems to be below my line of sight

By the way, i try to remember to turn my Cargo light on in heavy fog, for some reason other vehicles cargo lights are easier to see then tail lights.
Fog gets super heavy between Fresno & Bakersfield California on Interstate 5
I wait for some of those fancy foreign cars with a line of vehicles behind it to pass & i fall in line behind them

BMW is working on Laser Headlights
4 times stronger then LEDs & with the same lifespan
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sa=X&e....,cf.osb&fp=46dd9b5d82379bcd&biw=1006&bih=532

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I run 6k in my SLT, Driven in everything from rain to fog to snow in all times of day/night.

Nothing beats HID's except HID's with a projector retrofit.

Nothing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do they make a led conversion light kit for head lights like they make a hid kit. also if they do are hid lights still brighter than led lights ?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Got recon projectors with 8K HIDS in my lows and fogs.

I only had to run my fogs the past few mornings, with the lows its so bright its like theres a wall of fog right in front of you, they have their pros and cons.

In a bad snow storm your eyes get really sore because the snow reflects like crazy, but when its a nice night out or rainy, they are AMAZING. I wouldn't go back to halogens at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts