DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I adjust Emergency brake? I have a Chilton's manual but nothing in it about e-brake adjustments. They seem to be holding now but don't know how much longer - the pedal is almost to the floor.

I have a 2001 3500 dually Q-Cab long bed 5.9 Diesel. Took it to Les Shwab today and they say that the axle must be removed, is this true?

Cheers,
Miles

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
Underneath on the driver's side you'll see where the cable from the front and the back meet. If you look at it closely the rear has a threaded part where it joins with the front. You'll have to lube it up really good, hold the end of the cable and spin the nut to tighten it up, and take the slack out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Warlock, I'll get underneath in a couple of days when it is supposed to reach the mid 40's. It's freezing right now and I don't have a garage. :)

Cheers,
Miles

·
Registered
19 Posts
They should be self tightening.....push the ebrake pedal in and SLOWLY reverse the truck..you should feel the brakes tighten...then ease up on the pedal and test them to make sure they are not too tight or dragging.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts