DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '13 Sport, with the 8.4AN. I'm dense. Every time I start my truck the radio automatically turns on. It even happens when i mute the radio prior to shutting off. I just want to start my truck without hearing the radio.

Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
You are not dense. That's how it works... I had a discussion with the UConnect folks over this exact matter & was told that they'd received alot of complaints about it, but no update is available to make the on/off work "normally" - yet.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
It happens with remote start also. Very annoying.

Reactions: solidgrounds

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I personally don't understand why you wouldn't want the radio to turn on with the truck. I have seen this a few times and I don't think I've ever been in a car where the radio didn't turn on with the ignition unless the radio was broken. Lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
Huh I would never have thought of that as a problem until you posted this. I guess I can see where you are coming from. Best advise would be to turn down the radio before you get out I guess.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I've had several conversations with the UConnect folks, every issue I raised I got the same answer, "we have had a lot of complaints about that". I would ask when are changes coming, they don't know. I would say that were are at the end of a production year yet their system is at best, in a beta state. They would say their suppliers are working on changes.

I'm sorry I wasted $500 on that so called navigation system. My Galaxy G3 does better at speech to text and navigation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had several conversations with the UConnect folks, every issue I raised I got the same answer, "we have had a lot of complaints about that". I would ask when are changes coming, they don't know. I would say that were are at the end of a production year yet their system is at best, in a beta state. They would say their suppliers are working on changes.

I'm sorry I wasted $500 on that so called navigation system. My Galaxy G3 does better at speech to text and navigation.
Same here, I gave them earful about Uconnect is not quite ready for prime time yet with all the problems discussed in this forum. I didn't get the add-on Nav either, save $600 and use the Nav on my phone is better anyway.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is really an issue?

If you require silence from the radio when you get in, turn it all the way down before you get out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm curios if there is a way to turn the radio off at all, I know you can turn it down and mute but how does it actually turn off if at all possible

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree I don't think you can fully turn off the radio, just mute.

MOTH3R, for the same reason they make my truck unlock the doors for me when i get in, turn on the wipers when it senses rain, adjust temps automatically, etc., why do I now need to manually turn the volume all the way down prior to me exiting my truck? Why not just remember that the radio was on mute when I shut her down? For all the engineering and scenario planning that has probably gone into the truck I'm looking at this as an oversight. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
293 Posts
I can turn off the the uConnect 3.0 that I have and it remembers if it was on/off when the truck is shut down and starts up in its last state. I noticed that right away. I am wondering if there is a way for it to always show the time when it is "off". Couldn't find that setting in the menu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a '13 Sport, with the 8.4AN. I'm dense. Every time I start my truck the radio automatically turns on. It even happens when i mute the radio prior to shutting off. I just want to start my truck without hearing the radio.

Thanks
We have a '16 1500 truck - I HATE the auto on. In a world with constant noise everywhere, silence in the car is so welcome. Sadly, with the ignition comes the radio. It doesn't change if I shut it off, or turn it to low or mute prior to shutting off - EVERY time, like it or not (and I don't), UConnect decides for me that I want more noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Huh I would never have thought of that as a problem until you posted this. I guess I can see where you are coming from. Best advise would be to turn down the radio before you get out I guess.
I wish that would work but, sadly, UConnect decided for me that I want the radio on every time I turn my car on. I welcome the silence driving affords me - if I want it on I can handle that myself. Unfortunately that choice was removed from me if I wanted this truck. Everytime running into the store, in and out at gas station... the radio starts again with the ignition. Doesn't change if I shut if off, turn to mute or low before shutting the truck off - ignition on...radio on (and always at a loud volume). Once again someone doesn't think we can think for ourselves...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate the the radio auto on enough for it to be a factor in the purchase of my next truck. Often, I’m trying to collect my thoughts and the D thing comes on to distract me. For a mobile person operating a business it is vexing.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
One of the features I like with my 2010 Laramie is an actual on/off button for the radio. Stays off forever until you turn it on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My husband threw out the antenna and this still happens. Ridiculous, that this has been a problem since 2013. It’s 2020 and they still haven’t corrected this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts