DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I gave the boy his first hand wash and wax today, my gosh these things are monsters. That's a chore for sure but very worthwhile.

I'm 6'2" and even standing on the side steps I got soaked while washing the roof. Waxing the roof took every inch of reach to get it all. Do you guys use step ladders to wash and wax?

This is my first Ram and damn I am enjoying it so far, and they look great all shined up. Tomorrow the acres and acres of interior vinyl and glass is getting the royal treatment.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I haven't waxed my new truck yet but for washing I have an extendable soft bristle brush and just stand in the bed. There is really no other option for me since I'm only 5'9".

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
I found a microfiber mop head---if you use a brush your going to leave scratches. Truck looks great by the way!!
Jay

·
Registered
490 Posts
Mother nature puts the dirt on, mother nature takes it off....

Haha, seriously though, haven't hand washed her yet, gonna do that in the upcoming days (it should stop raining here). And am probably going to use a step ladder

·
Registered
484 Posts
I use a step ladder and I am 6'2.. Even getting to the center of the hood by the windshield is impossible without a step ladder. The hood is HUGE!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mother nature puts the dirt on, mother nature takes it off....

Haha, seriously though, haven't hand washed her yet, gonna do that in the upcoming days (it should stop raining here). And am probably going to use a step ladder
Lol, yeah I'm a fan of mother nature but sometimes ya gotta get dirty and do it yourself. Let me know how your washing goes, these boys are big, give yourself lots of time.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
^^^^ I bet you can dunk a basketball too----show off----LOL
Jay

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm not quite 6' so I stand in the bed for the back half and use a step ladder for the front half and back-middle of the hood.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm only 5'11" and I can't even reach the center of the hood on my 2017 Longhorn 1500 even when the air suspension is on "Entry/Exit" level. I bought one of these steps that fit over the tires to step up enough to give me reach to the center of the hood and windshield. I used a microfiber mop head too from the bed to get at the roof.

This step is pretty darned handy, but its HEAVY.

[/url]Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 6.24.14 PM by Marcus Roberson, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 Sport sitting on a 3” body lift and 6” suspension lift. I’m 5 foot nothing and use a step ladder for the front part of cab and hood. I use the bed for the back half of cab.

I use Maguries wash/polish/wax and she’s rolling Crystal most days. lol

·
Premium Member
32,612 Posts
I use a aluminum 4 step folding ladder
I'm only 5' 8" & i can just reach the center of the roof to unscrew my CB antenna

1 - 16 of 16 Posts