DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has definitively solved how to keep the backup camera on at any speed (while using Customtronix Jailbreak) on a Gen 4.

If you know for certain how it's been done, I'd appreciate the knowledge!

It's not clear to me if you just need to interrupt the "LIN BUS CBC 3" wire going to the camera, either by:
1. cutting-- permanent and therefore no more guidelines when back up, or
2. introducing a switch to that wire-- turn on when needed.

Or, if you need to supply/switch power to some other terminal on the camera's connector/bus.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Hi, Steve, and thanks for joining the RamforumZ. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other members and give you a proper how-do-ya-do.

I'd like to think that when you're driving forward that your eyes are forward and not wanting to look what's behind you. I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to have the back up camera on while going forward, but we are distracted enough with life as it is. More more distraction going 15 mph could mean the difference between a split second life and death decision.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only way is to supply constant power to it by removing the power wires from the harness. If you look at the cargo cam install instructions you'll see that they use the tailgate cam harness. You can determine what wire is power from the chart listed in that thread.

Now if I can only find that thread where all of this data is!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts