DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How long is my bed?

568 8
I just bought a used (NICE CONDITION) 2005 RAM 1500 Orange County Choppers Edition RAM. The bed SEEMS to measure 6'4" -- but that's the inside. If I measure from the back wall of the cab - it adds about 2" to 6'6". I want to buy a different cover for the bed and want to be sure.

Any idea?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
241 Posts
When I bought my cover years ago, it was from the edge of the bed behind the cab to the edge of the rear corner of the bed by the tailgate. This was on a 98 but I can't see how this would change how you measure the bed. All else fails, just look for a cover by year and model.

Where in the Seacoast are you? I'm in Rollinsford.

· Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW - SMALL WORLD! Hampton Falls. The guys at Cap World - WHAT A RIP OFF! Full of (#*# too. He blatantly told me there's no such thing as a "side box" (such as one that goes over a wheel well) other than the tiny swing-out one he has. He said I can't get a key for my tonneau lock. He said he'd sell me the shocks for $35 each. I just saw the keys online for $10. I already ordered the shocks: $25 a PAIR!

I only have one key and FOB. I need two other keys, but they have chips - so even if I buy the blanks, I have to have Dodge or a Locksmith cut and activate them :(

· Registered
22,645 Posts
With an 05, you should be able to activate the keys your self, and any locksmith should be able to cut them for you. :)

· Registered
22,645 Posts
:doh: I stand corrected! :i_redface:

Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough, and your right, with only 1 key you need the dealer to program at least 1 more.

· Registered
241 Posts
I saw in Portsmouth today a place that does FOBs and coded keys, I'll have to grab the company for you the next time I'm down that way.

· Registered
3,439 Posts
wish I could help you, but I believe others have given you good advice about the lock smith.

I used to live up your way back when I was active duty Coast Guard. I was stationed in New Castle, lived in Portsmouth, and I'd go back tomorrow if I could convince my wife to move back to the Great Arctic North LOL

Exco

· Some Assembly Required
7,184 Posts
Your bed is 6'4" long, or 76.x inches if looking for a tonneau cover. I just ordered one for my 4th gen and ordered the one that said 76.x inches. Wifey says it fits! (I am not home right now).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.