• DTE below 30 miles

Votes: 79 34.5%
  • DTE below 0 miles

Votes: 56 24.5%
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have gone to the point that it was no longer giving me DTE, it just said "low fuel level"

·
Registered
193 Posts
I dont have a dte but ive had the needle resting on the peg past empty.....i was praying i wouldnt have to look like an idiot but i made it to a gas station and filled up 26gal and i get about 320 to a tank city/highway driving

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,226 Posts
Well one time I was out in the woods and I got to that point where I said "we need to go grab som...... god damnit, get big walt on the radio we ran outta gas. RORY! take the 4wheeler back to da house n grab somaadat gas in the shed"

:LOL: good times, good times.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
re-fuel at 1/2 tank

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
DTE read 7 kms (4 miles) was the lowest I have had it, usually fuel up once the gas light comes on, that is 90 litres once its on and I get canadian tire money when I buy gas there, usually about 4 bucks in CDN tire money every week... adds up quick to buy tools and such

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was driving cross country last spring in the middle of the night and after the EVIC stopped giving me a distance to empty I drove another 20km.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once it hits 1/2 tank I fill up in winter... And when it hit's 1/4 in summer I fill up...

Guys that are running your tanks low... Just a FYI... The fuel pump assembly uses gas to keep the pump cool... Everytime you warm that pump up from not enough gas in the tank... You're taking off time on that pump...

·
Registered
99 Posts
My exwifes parents would drive me insane when I went somewhere with them. They would never put more than two gallons in their Oldsmobile at a time. I don't think the fuel light ever went off. They had to replace the fuel pump every six months. I don't go below a 1/4 in the summer, and 1/2 in the winter.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
I just usually try and keep it full or fill it up when it is on half a tank...That way It doesn't kick the snot out of my wallet........

·
Registered
2012 RAM 1500
326 Posts
I throw in 50$ a week... keeps it full this way....

·
Registered
2012 RAM 1500
326 Posts
Once light comes on Fill up time

·
Registered
150 Posts
fill it @ half tank

41 - 60 of 91 Posts