DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forum and love reading everyone's post. Just curious how many miles you have on your 2016? I have 127,000 on my 5.7 HEMI. Trouble free miles. Love the truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 62,000 on my 5.7 HEMI. Bought it used a year ago with 51,000. At 58,000 had the exhaust manifold bolt issue fixed under warranty.
It is not a daily driver and I purchased it primarily to pull a camper. It does very well (3.21 gears) for what I need and am very happy with it so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 62,000 on my 5.7 HEMI. Bought it used a year ago with 51,000. At 58,000 had the exhaust manifold bolt issue fixed under warranty.
It is not a daily driver and I purchased it primarily to pull a camper. It does very well (3.21 gears) for what I need and am very happy with it so far.
Awesome. I also had the exhaust manifold bolts replaced on both sides. My truck has pulled a trailer most it's life around 6,000 pounds give or take. Pulls it great. It has an easier life now does not pull as much as it used to but still a work horse.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the forum and love reading everyone's post. Just curious how many miles you have on your 2016? I have 127,000 on my 5.7 HEMI. Trouble free miles. Love the truck.
Your reply is encouraging! I'm always wondering about the lifter problem and hoping that by 2016 Ram had it cured.
I've only got 30000 kilometers on my '16. It has an easy life just taking me fishing and towing a light 3000 lb trailer, all of which it does wonderfully

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your reply is encouraging! I'm always wondering about the lifter problem and hoping that by 2016 Ram had it cured.
I've only got 30000 kilometers on my '16. It has an easy life just taking me fishing and towing a light 3000 lb trailer, all of which it does wonderfully
Supposedly they had the new lifters and can for 2016. Mine has never had the tick or lifter noise on any start up. Hoping it’ll go for 300,000 with no issue. It has never gave me any problem. Love the hemi.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Supposedly they had the new lifters and can for 2016. Mine has never had the tick or lifter noise on any start up. Hoping it’ll go for 300,000 with no issue. It has never gave me any problem. Love the hemi.
My 2016 Ram big horn has 238,457 miles, bought it in 2017 with 32,000 miles on it. Drive it 150/200 miles a day 5 days a week. Had the manifold bolts on both sides all replaced, fuel pump has been replaced and wheel hub on both sides. But all that is just wear and tear maintenance I keep the oil changed and getting ready to change spark plugs but not sure what to go with. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have 20,084 trouble free miles on my 2016 Ecodiesel 😁

·
Premium Member
2016 RAM 1500 4WD Laramie Longhorn
14 Posts
My 2016 Ram big horn has 238,457 miles, bought it in 2017 with 32,000 miles on it. Drive it 150/200 miles a day 5 days a week. Had the manifold bolts on both sides all replaced, fuel pump has been replaced and wheel hub on both sides. But all that is just wear and tear maintenance I keep the oil changed and getting ready to change spark plugs but not sure what to go with. Any suggestions?
NGK 92145 Laser Iridium. Just replaced mine at 80,000 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just got my truck a couple months ago and I love it it’s a 2016 1500 Express. I bought it with 25,500 miles on it. Now I keep hearing this light whistling noise on the drivers side of the car when I accelerate, and it’s driving me insane. So I’m here to see if anyone had or has the same problem(?)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
just got my truck a couple months ago and I love it it’s a 2016 1500 Express. I bought it with 25,500 miles on it. Now I keep hearing this light whistling noise on the drivers side of the car when I accelerate, and it’s driving me insane. So I’m here to see if anyone had or has the same problem(?)
We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your Ram dealer, please be sure to follow up with us via private message. We would be more than willing to provide you with an additional layer of support for the dealer process.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
10 Posts
2016 ram bighorn at 40k had whole evap system replaced because that's what the dealer thought the issue was..finally after speaking with another dealer and getting a horrible misfire they ended up replacing cam and all lifters on a bairly 42 thousand mile truck since than I have 56k and it's been good otherwise

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2016 1500. bought new in Oct 2016. I have 175220 miles. Thankfully only repairs was my right/passenger side head was replaced at 32k miles, and an accident in August 2017.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 16 sport crew 4x4 at 220k miles.. the thing looks and runs better than my 16 bighorn 4x4 at 80k.. interior has all the premium options sunroof etc.. and outside and in, looks almost factory fresh.. just going to replace the water pump and take care of a manifold gasket leak.. idk how it's in the condition it is for the miles but I feel like I found a treasure.. and nothing major has had to be worked on. Just the usual up keep maintenance.. 😁😁 I'm looking to keep it n see if I can squeeze 500k out of it😁😁

·
Registered
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi
5 Posts
2016 Big Horn just passed 22k. I got it at 20145 a couple months ago. About the same time I decided to take a job 45 miles away! Doh! $70 gas every week....I may have to duo with the wife's Chrysler 200 some of the days. Black Betty (my truck) gets about 19mpg and hers gets about 34....but I loves mah truck, loves it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts