DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles did you get on your factory tires and were they wore out?

Right now I have 24,500 and they are about half gone.

·
Registered
420 Posts
51,000. mine are looking surprisingly good

·
Registered
417 Posts
I had 66000km (41000 miles) when I replaced mine and they were done. I did a lot of driving on old mining and logging roads.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
I've got a lil over 14K and I've had no troubles that I didn't cause

Exco

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
31,000 on mine. I just swapped them for winter shoes and I think they have one more good weather season (10,000 miles?) left on them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I was able to get 36k miles on my stock Goodyears before swapping them for Coopers. I had constant alignment issues, and they were feathering pretty badly when I replaced them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Got 20k on my sneakers and they look like they have 60k on them and drive like they have a 100k on them! That's light driving, no dirt roads, no heavy towing, no jobsites, just driving. They are junk and can't wait to replace them.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,100 Posts
42,600+ on my stockers and I will look into replacing them here in the next few months, maybe around tax time if funds allow.

- Cajun

·
Registered
210 Posts
2k miles on my Badyear tires, and already thinking about peeling them off. :smiledown: I'd love to try a set of those Cooper Zeon LTZ, but doesn't looks like you can get white outlined which I think look pretty sharp on my Sport. I've had balance problems, vibration problems, and pretty convinced some sort of radial runout problem. Waiting to see if Chrysler is gonna do something for me before I drop $1200 on new sneakers which is cheaper than what I'd probably lose on trade for a new truck.:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
I had 38,000 miles on the stock good for a years when I replaced them. They were pretty well worn, maybe could have got 5,000-10,000 miles max more out of them. I will say that I have much more traction now with new tires(well they have over 15,000 miles on them now but still look new). With the stock tires if I floored it they would just spin, now it's difficult to break them loose.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine made it 3k miles before I got sick of their lack of traction. I don't have that problem any more with BFG KM2's....:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
26K... Dealer gave me a break on new tires.. Buy 3 get 1 free.. 600 for a full set of Cooper Discoverer A/T3.. DiscountTire had them for 800+ so it seemed like a good deal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey there, 2 RAMBros I know with 09 trucks have got about 90 Klicks or 55k miles out of their 20's. They both rotated the donuts at every second oil change though. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
My tires had 40,000 miles on them,
cupping on the right front tire always
dealer would only do a front to rear rotation, tires did NOT have a rotational arrow, they should have used the X pattern rotation
tires were starting to wear fast, i would have needed replacement at 60,000 miles

I didn't wait, changed both rims & tire brands

·
Registered
387 Posts
at 17,655. the fronts wore unevenly, im assuming because of the tie rod recall. been itching to get new tires but cant see just getting rid of these til there worn out. BFG's are the way to go but been looking at the GENERAL's with the red lettering. in time...

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have 19,000 on my RAM. I have had the oil changed in it 6 times, I had it done everytime the light came on. I also rotated the tires everytime as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts