DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I can't tell yet is how many of these many new features will be standard on a Big Horn class Quad Cab 4X4 and how many will be single options or bundled together in a $5,000 option package?

Right now a Big Horn like I would buy has an MSRP of right around 40k. That is really about my limit. If build and price on a 2013 leaves me with an MSRP of 45k then this truck is out of the question. This is not to mention there will likely be no rebates for quite some time.

Anyone have an idea how much the new Ram's are going to go up in price given all the new technology?

NC

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I don't think so...at least not too much.

There is a direct correlation between cost and technology, but if you look at the price of Ram's over the last decade, they haven't gone up much, even with their new changes. About 1k per year, while alot to some, is not substantial when talking about a 40-50k truck. Inflation is a mofo.

When my folks bought a 2000 1500 4x4 SLT w/ 360v8 in late 1999, the sticker on it was 36k, today the equivalent ram (SLT-mine except with a hemi) is about the same. Once you get into the higher up models (Sport's and laramie's) the price rise becomes apparent. I would be willing to bet, a few months after the first one rolls off the line, you will be able to get a 2013 SLT Big Horn for about what you could get a '12.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

There is a direct correlation between cost and technology, but if you look at the price of Ram's over the last decade, they haven't gone up much, even with their new changes. About 1k per year, while alot to some, is not substantial when talking about a 40-50k truck. Inflation is a mofo.

When my folks bought a 2000 1500 4x4 SLT w/ 360v8 in late 1999, the sticker on it was 36k, today the equivalent ram (SLT-mine except with a hemi) is about the same. Once you get into the higher up models (Sport's and laramie's) the price rise becomes apparent. I would be willing to bet, a few months after the first one rolls off the line, you will be able to get a 2013 SLT Big Horn for about what you could get a '12.
I agree that the price should be pretty close for a similarly equipped 2013 compared to current. Although I don't think they will be coming out of the gate with $9750 in discounts which allowed me to buy my current truck.

·
Banned
972 Posts

They must have really over paid. A 2003 2500 sport 4x4 qc with hemi was only about $35,000 brand new. I think my aunt paid less than $30,000 for her 2001 sport extended cab 1500 4x4 brand new

·
Registered
180 Posts
MSRP is irrelevant, they have kept the MSRP in check, but slowly kept cutting dealer margin, 20 years ago, some cars still had a 25% markup, most now start with 3-4% before rebates....an easy way to say ' we havent raised the prices' but ultimately the final price HAS gone up

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
MSRP is irrelevant, they have kept the MSRP in check, but slowly kept cutting dealer margin, 20 years ago, some cars still had a 25% markup, most now start with 3-4% before rebates....an easy way to say ' we havent raised the prices' but ultimately the final price HAS gone up
Thats exactly why stealerships wont give you a fair trade value, they arent reaping the profits from the sale as they did quite a few years ago. Here`s a prime example, i paid $45,000.00 for my truck just over a year ago, today they will only give me $19,000.00 trade-in for it towards a 2013 vehicle. Luckly i now drive them into the ground and wont/dont trade them in anymore. I use to buy a new one every 2 or 3 years, but its just NOT worth it to me anymore. Most people will just go upside down in their loan just to have the new bells and whistles, or the latest fad. No thanks, i`m done buying the latest fad`s, my money comes to hard to get raped by the stealerships.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
Guess what
The US Government is trying hard to call a new vehicle a LUXURY & they want to tax it as such
Sort of like they did with cigarettes

We are about to be seduced again

·
Registered
355 Posts
I should be getting one of these for a work truck in December, SLT V6 (current trucks are SLTs with the 4.7). Since the company is going to be paying for it (and gets fleet pricing) I'll get to see what true invoice on the truck is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts