DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious because my company seems insanely high on my new truck!

My sticker price was 47K and my premium was quoted out at $2700/yr. I am a 35 yo male in MI and currently its the only vehicle I am insuring.

Curious to see what others are paying before I start the process of requesting additional quotes!

Thanks!
Kuz

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'm 30 and mine is somewhere in between $85-$95 per month.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I'm 39, only driver, zero claims, been with the same company since I started driving at 16. I have full replacement coverage, rental coverage (I rent cars when I travel for work), and full comprehensive.
$84/month

·
Registered
81 Posts
28 year old from MI here. Sticker on Ram was 40k. 2014 express CC runs me $524 for 6 months of Full Coverage. Bundled with my house and a 2006 Grand Prix. AAA's rates are unstoppable if you have a clean record.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its probably important to note to the OP that some states are not NO FAULT like michigan. If you live in a no fault state your premiums are usually significantly lower.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Older, 57, but I pay ~$40.00 USD / month. I pay ~$98.00 USD / month for my new Ram, my wife's Lincoln LS and my boat.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input guys. I need to do some checking on this cause I haven't had a claim since I was a teenager (couple car/deer accidents). My credit is less than perfect from a divorce but is building back up. I think they are penalizing me hard that for cancelling insurance for a year long (no car experiment). I'll do some checking around with different carriers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm paying $72 a month for my Ram with State Farm. Clean driving record, 3 automobiles and homeowners insurance bundled.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
i have an older 2009, i have a $1,000,000 full coverage Commercial Auto policy with Infinity
I have 1 point against my CDL drivers license
I pay $1400 a year

Progressive Insurance for the same policy was slightly higher, but with the Point against me, it had jumped up considerably

It has now been 4 years since i received the point, so i can get it erased

·
Super Moderator
34,714 Posts
I have comprehensive coverage through USAA. I priced it around the time I bought my truck, and fortunately since I'm living with my parents currently I can be on my dad's policy and just pay him the cost of adding my truck to the policy-$88/month. When I get orders in 2 months and move out, I will have to get my own policy which will be about $180/month (actually, since the truck is a year old now I hope it'll be lower but I haven't got a quote since I bought the truck).

ETA: I have a clean record, being under 25 and male isn't great for insurance rates.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
33 clean record, full coverage with $500 deductible. $83 a month, $1,000 a year. Yes that quote you got is insanely high

·
Registered
7 Posts
45, clean record, New York State (Buffalo). $300.10 six months / $600.20 year with GEICO.

As a comparative back story... I used to have State Farm for my 07 F150 and my 11 Maxima. I paid $1516 per 6 month policy period ($3032 year). I knew this was too much and started shopping around. Well, after all was said and done I ended up with GEICO and paid $505 per 6 month policy ($1010 year) for the exact same coverage. Do your homework, 15 minutes could save you over 33%!!!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I currently have State Farm but am unhappy that my premium increases every six months as my vehicle gets older. I will not be putting the new Ram on my State Farm policy.
Most likely will go back to Allstate that I had for a long time. Switched to Progressive for a very short time. They hook you with a low introductory rate and then bump it up substantially after the first 6 months.
The only reason I left Allstate was due to my car getting 'sand blasted' when they chip-sealed a road out my way and I couldn't easily turn around without losing 3 hours of driving. Allstate bumped my premium after that claim on my comprehensive part of the policy. Otherwise I liked them fairly well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
$45/mo Ram Limited ($56k sticker) - advantages to living in Va Beach I guess. Plus it's one a a few vehicles so I'm sure there are discounts .

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I need to do some checking on this cause I haven't had a claim since I was a teenager (couple car/deer accidents). My credit is less than perfect from a divorce but is building back up. I think they are penalizing me hard that for cancelling insurance for a year long (no car experiment). I'll do some checking around with different carriers.
Unfortunately it's probably your credit score. Try a different company.

We pay 235/month for two new vehicles and two junkers. I think that's outrageous considering our perfect claim history and being almost seniors...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the replies. Definitely has motivated me to do some more checking on my own outside of my independent agent. Glad I did. So far Geico is coming in much cheaper for me. About 150/month which is much more livable than the 260/month joke my current agent gave me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not available to everyone, but I'll add USAA is pretty hard to beat if you are eligible.

37yrs old, clean record, full coverage for $48.10 per month.

·
Registered
161 Posts
my new 2014 is actually less than my 2009 4.7L. 34 with clean record. $317 for 6 months bundled with house. 1K ded on colision 500 on the other.

I have geico, any other company I called said they couldn't match the rate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
63, $687 yearly comprehensive for the $33,000 sticker Express Ram with $200 deductible. $1,800 total for three vehicles (of which a C6 'Vette: grew old but never grew up…) Nationwide's on my side….

1 - 20 of 44 Posts