DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard and read i need 1" up to 2.5" ? I want the levelling kit but i dont know how much lift is correct on the front. I have a 2012 1500 crew cab.

cheers
kev

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have 2011 crew cab SLT with the 17" wheels. I installed the 3" front and had exactly 9" of fender clearance front and rear before i put the rear 2" on

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, im even more confused now. I have the ST with SXT package and 17" wheels. The dealership says i need 1" lift on the front but im hearing i need more. I dont want to put bigger tires on or jack the back up, just to level it. i think that will make it look a little higher but not too jacked up.

thanks for your reply

kev

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Every truck is different. You new to measure from the center of your wheel in te front and back. The difference will tell you how much your truck needs to Be level. If your truck is 4x4 I wouldnt go over 2.5"

·
Registered
47 Posts
kpw2011, starting w/ 2009 trucks, there is the option of lowering the rear to level it out (springs in the back). From my research, the Ground Force 91213 kit will do the job. $283.99 @ Summit Racing dot com.

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Lowering the year has always been an option. It's actually cheaper on tricks with leaf springs since its replacing a shackle instead of an entire coil spring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts