DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How many miles do you put on an air filter?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Thunder isn't it good till I trade her off at 100k. LOL

·
Registered
328 Posts
I check every so often and change if I think it needs it. Don't have dusty conditions.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I try to be pretty religious about maintenance so I go by the book, but I guess this is a learning experience for me and I will be shortening my interval.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I try to be pretty religious about maintenance so I go by the book, but I guess this is a learning experience for me and I will be shortening my interval.
Same here man, I also visually check everything and will replace it early if I don't like the look of it. You also might want to consider, from time to time, checking things that aren't wear items. Stuff like screws and hoses and items along those lines, making sure the bolts are at the right TQ and not corroded so when something needs fixed it cooperates!

·
Registered
58 Posts
If it's dirty, I change it. So far I've changed it once in the last 4 years, but I only have 27k on mine. It seems to get dirty around 15k for me.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I check it about every 7k miles. That is my synthetic oil change. I hold it up to the sun, and if the light is significantly diminished, I replace it. Simple

·
Premium Member
32,792 Posts
i also do the SUN Light check about twice a year with a conventional filter
I ran the K&N for a while, then instead of cleaning & re-oiling it, i just put it back in the box. I may use it again some day

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I guess its not as bad as going 20k on a K&N CAI without a cleaning....on a truck with a forced induction engine. I was talking to a coworker who mentioned that he had done that on his ecoboost.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts