DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate

From left to right the numbers on the top of the battery read:

1K05BN1F 01788502 1K19Z60

I thought that the pertinent code was the one on the far right, and I'm guessing the K means November. Is it 2011 because of the 1K or is it 2019 because of the 1K19. I'm just not sure. I thought that it would be letter first and then number, but I don't see it stamped in that format on the battery.

Am I looking in the wrong place, or are these the right numbers to tell the battery manufacture date?

It's a 2012 Ram 1500, and I'm wondering if it's the original battery since it's stamped Chrysler. Or maybe the previous owner bought a dealership replacement at some point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They usually have a round sticker on the end/side of them that tells you mo/yr. Remove it and look.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Grey Automotive exterior

I could not find a sticker, but when I removed the battery I found this on the back. It looks like X N6 X. Since N doesn't correspond to a month, I'm still not sure. Perhaps the 6 means 2016? The truck didn't want to even crank when it was down to 5 degrees last week, but it started fine today when it was 35 degrees.

I think my issue may be somewhere other than the battery, but since it looked old and was testing on the low end of acceptable, I went ahead and replaced it anyway. We'll see if it starts the next time the temperature drops low.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Do you by chance have any numbers stamped into the case next to the negative post? They may be under the wire. The Mopar batteries I have seen show the year, a letter for the month, then followed by the day of the month there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts