DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read that only 1500 of these were made in 2017, is this true? I've seen atleast 3 other ones since I bought mine 2 weeks ago.

If it is rare would it be a bad idea to debadge it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
They were a limited production run, but they're really too new to be rare or more valuable. Ram has done quite a few special edition colors to include Stinger Yellow, Ceramic Blue, Hydro Blue, SubLime, Ignition Orange, Blue Streak Rebel, and sand tan Rebel

·
Registered
937 Posts
I see half a dozen ingnition orange rams around just my area, they may not all be 17's but they certainly aren't rare. Rare also won't mean anything for about 20 years if your try and sell it. Just make the truck yours and mod to your liking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I picked up mine in November of 2016. At the time they announced they would be limited to 2000 but I don't know if that's for all of North America or just the US. Poking around this forum, it seems that Canadians are particularly fond of the Sport model so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you'd see more of the Ignition Orange Rams up there. Evidently, growing up north of Buffalo, NY watching Canadian TV and listening to Canadian radio influenced by future vehicle purchases!

Here in Wilmington, I know of at least 1 other Ignition Orange 2017 but for the most part, I see a lot of black on black lifted trucks. How original! :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Rather a lot of orange Rams in the Hamilton On. area. 2 alone on my street. One of the reasons I did not switch to orange when they came out, they just seemed to be around every corner. I did test drive one at the time with a dealer lift on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
rare for sure but see a few of them around the GTA east area. Now unfortunately my Black Sport edition looks just like the black express. If you don't know the difference one would think that there are thousands of them. Wanted the lime green but wife over ruled me. I know I know but when she gets half your pension........

·
Registered
183 Posts
They were a limited production run, but they're really too new to be rare or more valuable. Ram has done quite a few special edition colors to include Stinger Yellow, Ceramic Blue, Hydro Blue, SubLime, Ignition Orange, Blue Streak Rebel, and sand tan Rebel
Dont forget the Copperhead :smileup:

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Back in 2009/10, they had Mango & Sunburst Oranges too

Stock 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sunburst Orange Pearl

mostly debadged, i left the HEMI on the fender

1 - 11 of 11 Posts