DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new to this forum. I own a 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 with the 390 HP Hemi Engine I would like to change out my stock headlight bulbs but for the life of me cannot find a easy access to the bulbs. Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Jeff, in Salt Lake City

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
remove the 4 bolts of the grill and let in lean forward slight. then take the bolt out of the top and bottom on the inside parts of the headlights, then turn the wheels so u can access the front of the wheel well easier. then pop open the square access hole and there will be a white latch thing that goes either down or up. then the light will be free to pop out!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
anytime man, I think their are also a few how to's on this. try to use the search function if u have anymore questions as u can access the info faster if their is any! Enjoy the forum and PM me if you need anything else!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I noticed two plastic flap doors inside of the plastic wheel well (each side) right behind where the headlights are...I thought that was an access point to swap bulbs? Seems strange that you need to partly remove the grill....but what ever works I guess. Can anyone confirm if these doors are for bulb swaps or for somthing else. My build date is June '10....maybe a rolling line change?
Thanks!

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I noticed two plastic flap doors inside of the plastic wheel well (each side) right behind where the headlights are...I thought that was an access point to swap bulbs? Seems strange that you need to partly remove the grill....but what ever works I guess. Can anyone confirm if these doors are for bulb swaps or for somthing else. My build date is June '10....maybe a rolling line change?
Thanks!
Those doors are simply so you can pull down on the latch to release the headlight from the header panel.

Of course, after you do this enough, the tabs break off, then there is no need to access those little doors, just yank on the headlight after you unbolt it:doh:

^(Dont do this, seriously, you will break it, the only reason I do it is cause mine already are.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts