DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought some bed lights from LEDGLOW and i want to wire them into the cargo lights so i can just use the existing factory switch. I was wondering if anyone has done a detailed write-up about this yet? I need to know where to run/hide the wires? where to tap into the cargo lights? thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I would pull the cargo light switch from the dash (the one you want to be able to use) and see what color of lead is coming off of it. That will tell you the color. You should then be able to pick it up behind the A-pillar or under the door sill plate on the driver's side. Good luck! I need to do this mod shortly as well. Be sure and let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
i just bought some bed lights from LEDGLOW and i want to wire them into the cargo lights so i can just use the existing factory switch. I was wondering if anyone has done a detailed write-up about this yet? I need to know where to run/hide the wires? where to tap into the cargo lights? thanks for the help!
I have done this and here is how I did it, see my thread here

You have to use a relay and tap into the WT/TN 20 gauge wire in the bundle running on the drivers side under the sill rails. There are actually two such wires so I had to use a test light to find the correct one. I used a standard automotive relay and tapped into a 30A continuous circuit (Red wire) up near the brake pedal. The cargo circuit powers the coil. I ran a new wire through the relay contact all the way back to the bed through a small hole under the rear storage area. Good luck and PM me if you need any more help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts